Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While shooting at the local range, I came across a guy shooting an Anarchy. We chatted a bit and he mentioned something that caught my attention. He told me when he bought the bow it came with the 29" mod and the draw stop was set to the 29" setting, but felt that the draw length was a bit too long so he moved the draw stop to the 28.5" setting. I'm no expert, but I would think that this would be a big no no. Am I correct in my thinking? I politely told him that he should call Bear and get the correct mod, but he basically ignored me.

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
that a good question ?

I have a new bow were the stop has no marks on the cam wheel,

if you change the mod from 29 to 29 1/2 draw were do you move the draw stop position ?

or do you not lock the draw stop, draw a few times and see were it moved too ? then lock down...

·
Registered
540 Posts
On the 2013 and earlier with the flat top single cam, the draw stop has a 1/2" side and a 1" side.
State the obvious here but use the 1" side for full inch draw length and the 1/2 for in between.
Bear recommends this practice, some people who like extra valley or creep use the draw stop 1/2 longer than the module.
I say don't be lazy OR pull less weight or maybe less draw length if you creep regularly, creeping breaks shot consistency.

·
Registered
710 Posts
I shoot my Anarchy with the 28 inch mod but have the stop in the 27 position with the 1/2 side out. I've effectively shortened my draw slightly while decreasing the let-off, and valley. As a back tension shooter, this is great. OP, I'm not sure where the tolerances break down, but the guy you met, if he left the 1 side out, has significantly shortened his valley and decreased his let-off. Nice for targets, but not so nice for hunting IMHO.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So, there is no real negative effect like damaging your bow or something, other than decreasing the letoff and valley? Wish I would've known this before I bought another mod. Lol. Also, with less letoff, would there be a difference in speed and/or accuracy as opposed to the 80% letoff?

·
Registered
710 Posts
So, there is no real negative effect like damaging your bow or something, other than decreasing the letoff and valley? Wish I would've known this before I bought another mod. Lol. Also, with less letoff, would there be a difference in speed and/or accuracy as opposed to the 80% letoff?
While my mod is 28 inch, my speed is more like 27.5. No loss in accuracy.

·
Registered
7,538 Posts
Drawing the bow short of it's intended length will not hurt it. Drawing it over CAN cause some serious issues. Lots of guys are pulling one setting long to increase the valley. Going more than that can risk a lock up.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I shoot my Anarchy with the 28 inch mod but have the stop in the 27 position with the 1/2 side out. I've effectively shortened my draw slightly while decreasing the let-off, and valley. As a back tension shooter, this is great. OP, I'm not sure where the tolerances break down, but the guy you met, if he left the 1 side out, has significantly shortened his valley and decreased his let-off. Nice for targets, but not so nice for hunting IMHO.
Do you mean the 27.5 position with the 1/2 side out? Sorry, just trying to get a grasp of how everything works on these bows.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Do you mean the 27.5 position with the 1/2 side out? Sorry, just trying to get a grasp of how everything works on these bows.
I put the draw stop in the 5 hole, which is recommended for the 27 inch mod. I put the 1/2 side out which would make the draw 27.5 inches with the 27 inch mod. Hope this makes sense.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts