Archery Talk Forum banner

Modded B-Stinger

1159 Views 13 Replies 9 Participants Last post by  Kill Shill
I camo'd up my B-Stinger and had the tool room where I work make a lower profile front weight from 6061 (12oz). The cool thing is that I can take off the camo and put back on the original front weight and it is like new again. I have never been a big stabilizer user, but after using the B-Stinger I am sold!

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Banned
3,222 Posts
All a B stinger is, is an aluminum pipe with a weight on the end,they have been making them for 30 years.B just applies more weight on the end than most .

· Registered
1,591 Posts
All a B stinger is, is an aluminum pipe with a weight on the end,they have been making them for 30 years.B just applies more weight on the end than most .
You couldn't be more wrong, there's a lot more to it than just the weight on the end. Give Blair (the owner) a call and he'll explain the physics behind it and that it is a carbon fiber tube with Sorbothane inserts.

· Registered
1,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, it is a carbon fiber tube with Sorbothane ( a TPR material). The camo is from a 4"x60" piece of CamoClad material that I bought off of Ebay.

The B-Stinger is the first stab that I have ever used that made a huge difference in stabilizing the sight window. To be fair the only other stabs I have tried are marketed to be more sound absorbing. The B-Stinger is a permanent piece on my bow from now on.

· Registered
12,942 Posts
It's shaft is a high grade carbon and the weight forward ratio is patented .. thus the disc ..

But anyway back to the topic ...

Greenhead your stab looks cool good job on the milling!

It helps to put a washer behind were the stab and the bushing meet to make a flat surface between the bow and the stab... You will have less vibration with any stab

· Registered
6,141 Posts
It helps to put a washer behind were the stab and the bushing meet to make a flat surface between the bow and the stab... You will have less vibration with any stab
Just wanted to add a quick not to stix's post.

The bar itself is backwards from the way Blair designed it. It probably won't work any better but the end with the little flange on it goes against the weight disc.

You really need to get some kind of washer like stix said so that the weight of the stabilizer is not just supported by the threads of the bar. :wink:

· Registered
9,514 Posts
I think it looks a ton better with the new piece on the end, I personally don't like the way that big flat piece look's on the B-stinger, and hey ignore some of the other comment's by people here (kill shill):darkbeer::darkbeer:

· Registered
67 Posts
Huh?

I think it looks a ton better with the new piece on the end, I personally don't like the way that big flat piece look's on the B-stinger, and hey ignore some of the other comment's by people here (kill shill):darkbeer::darkbeer:
Notice that Greenhead3 said, "...but after using the B-Stinger I'm sold." He didn't say, "...after looking at the B-Stinger I'm sold." Clearly, how things look as opposed to how they perform is how you determine your purchases. Greenhead3 obviously is concerned with performance over looks. If Blair was trying to make the prettiest stabilizer, do you really think this design is what he would come up with? The physics demands that configuration if you are going to build a stabilizer based on performance.

Why would you say to ignore some of the comments to, killshill? Not one post addressing killshill's post is derogatory or personal or off base. One person posts, "you could not be more wrong..." and then backs it up with fact. All the other posts, very thoughtfully say, how the B-Stinger is actually made. Perhaps your advice to killshill should have been, "If you don't like facts and prefer being wrong or if like myself you simply care about looks without performance, then ignore all the thoughtful corrections you are receiving." JMO.:wink:

· Registered
12,942 Posts
Looks are not the science behind it in it's original form ... Like above stated ... You can only concentrate the weight as it is designed in the optimum manner, true other weights will work but they will not be as concentrated weight forward nor combat rotational enertia as well. Being that B Stinger holds that patent (look it up) NO OTHER PRODUCT will or can exhibit that weight forward ratio..

Yes it's a disc but it could be whatever but it can't have the same weight forward ratio.
I think they look sweet .... But I'm just a simple man

Your post has Posten on it 3X not including your avatar So It's kinda like Obama saying He personally doesn't like the way McCain parts his hair

I personally think Posten has some great looking stabs and that's all you'll hear from me

Each his own ... This was a B Stinger thread to begin with and Greenhead has a nice looking stab of his own making He's happy and that's cool.

· Registered
9,514 Posts
Hey to each his own, I like Posten's, and there are a bunch of you guys that like B-stinger's, but I though that a B-stinger was a carbon rod, not aluminum:embara: my mistake.

Didn't mean to affend your stabilizer:sad:

I was actually trying to make a compliment

· Registered
1,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just wanted to add a quick not to stix's post.

The bar itself is backwards from the way Blair designed it. It probably won't work any better but the end with the little flange on it goes against the weight disc.

You really need to get some kind of washer like stix said so that the weight of the stabilizer is not just supported by the threads of the bar. :wink:
I had to turn the rod in order to get the piece I had turned to fit on it. I wanted it to be as tight as possible. I will get a washer behind it today. Thanks for the input.

· Banned
3,222 Posts
lmao,Dont get me wrong, Im an advocate of weight forward designs in hunter class stabs.Whether the rod is aluminum,carbon, has sorbothane, doink or NAV neoprene compound whatever inside the tube or outside.The important thing is to get the amount of weight forward that feels best to you. There sure are alot of B's pics with additional dampeners applied like bowjacks etc. Im sure the unit is better with external dampeners.too bad B doesnt make a modular weight with 1-1.5oz. module weights that you could fine tune?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.