Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive been looking for some 70lb limbs to replace the 60's on my 04 extreme VFT and havent had much luck. are there other bowtech limbs that interchange to give me more options? thanks

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Just curious why you want the higher poundage limbs that bow should put out some great speeds even set at 60lbs. Mine is a 70lb bow but set at 64lbs and it is putting a 340gr arrow out at 296fps and a 450gr FMJ arrow down at 260fps that is super fast for an 04 bow and I would think the 60lb limbs would probably max out somewhere between 62-64lbs. I am not trying to say you dont have the right to want 70lb limbs just giving ya some speeds and stuff that I am getting out of mine...

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im getting 255fps with my hunting arrows, dont recall the exact weight but easton st excels 340's at 29 1/4" with 100gr muzzy's and blazer vanes.
I guess Im gonna have to be happy with that, not finding much info or 70lb limbs.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
You can put the newer Bowtech limbs on your bow but that would require new spacers and axles... better off sending the bow to Bowtech or you will have a dealer ordering parts 3 different times to get it right. I know because Ive been there done that with Bowtech in the past.

Another route is to go with custom Barnsdale limbs because Bowtech is going to charge you the same money for their factory limbs which are not near the quality of Barnsdales.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts