Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in search of a way tospeed up my older pse thunder flite x-press. currently shooting 26" 2413/100 grn tip @75lbs. through the chronograph @244 fps. how can I bring my speed up to increase my kinetic energy. If you have a solution your input would be greatly appreciated. you can contact me @ [email protected]. thank you.:sad:

·
Registered
4,903 Posts
new custom made string & cable . nothing heavy on the string loose that tube on your peep lighter peep also. make sure the specs. are correct axel to axel & brace height. If you don't know what they are PSE got a forum like this them guys know all the specs. for their bows. good luck !

·
Registered
34,166 Posts
The easiest way is to first change your strings and cables.....then switch to some carbon arrows. That bow is far from fast but you should beable to get to about 260fps.

·
Registered
5,396 Posts
Sorry Srhdooba ,
but forget it !

The fire flite express riser will not stand the shock and the vibrations created from newer string materials like 452X or 8125 , it will break ,faster than you think !

A lighter arrow will increase your speed , but the kinetic energy in ft/lbs will stay nearly the same !

You cant make a perpetuum mobile out of this bow .

Take it as it is , or buy another bow .

Btw , your speed isnt bad for this arrow weight and this bow . 2413 shafts have an average weight of around 10.4 grains/inch and a spine of 365 .
Only change that i would make is to go with a smaller outside diameter shaft at the same weight to increase the penetration , for example the Beman Black Max 340 , also 10.4 grain/inch .
Your bow is doing around 53/54 ft/lbs , as long as you dont use mechanical Bh's its fine for most north american game .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts