Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was a saddle user for years and then found this little gem on the classifieds and decided to give it a try. To my surprise it was more comfortable than the saddle but with the original attachments a bit more cumbersome and more complicated than I wanted for my mobile setup. So I did some modifying and sold my saddle due to its comfort and ease of use.

The following is what I have done and in no way encourage others to do so and am not responsible for improper use of the following equipment. I am merely illustrating a modification to an existing product which better suits my individual needs.

I have a gen 1 Treesuit (rope version) and a gen 2 (strap version). I use a HSS lineman’s rope for climbing my tree as well as my connection to the tree when hunting.

Tree Field archery Woodland Woody plant Forest

Hiking equipment Product Pattern Trekking pole Design
Pattern Design Tree Textile Adaptation

Treesuit Generation 1 Model:
I totally eliminated the rope system supplied with the stand and used Amsteel blue rope 3/16” which has a minimum breaking strength of 3,600lbs or 360 working lbs. As you can see in the pics I also added a short connection to the buckle on the strap around my midsection to the carabineer for added back support and to prevent rope slip when turning in the tree to make a shot on either side of the tree. This setup is very comfortable and safe with two points of connection at the tree (the seat and the midsection strap) and did I mention only weighs about 2lbs.

Treesuit Generation 2 Model:
I utilized the supplied straps but in a different way than the original was intended for. I added a D-clamp to create a lineman’s belt on the midsection strap with some handy stitching and 30lb spectra fishing line. I also added two buckles in the center of the seat strap to prevent strap slippage when turning to make shots on either side of the tree. I forgot to include an image of this, but you can also run the midsection strap through the carabineer to create a recliner effect when situated in your tree…very comfortable! This setup is very comfortable, safe, and is a lineman’s belt also which weighs in at about 2.5 lbs.
Both Treesuits are very comfortable and have no pinch associated with them like many of the other saddle type harnesses/stands. They are extremely mobile and hardly noticed when hiking into your honey hole. The HSS tree hookup makes getting in and out extremely fast and easy.

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I also use the following methods of climbing my trees:
-Treehopper bolt system in conjunction with a woodpecker drill or auger bit. (very mobile and convenient for private land!)
-Lone Wolf Climbing sticks with UCR ropes. (tried and trusted method for public land.)

Tree Wood Branch Plant Grass

I use the following bases when using my treesuit:
-Treehopper bolts positioned around the tree with a slight angle up to prevent slippage and to increase safety when moving about.
-Ameristep plastic strap steps on a ratchet system. (great for public land or for mobility on private land!)

Adventure Climbing harness Rock Rock-climbing equipment Art

I am in the process of learning the one stick climbing method and the HSS lineman's belt/aider climbing method.

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The strap/bridge depends on the size and preference of the individual. I just adjusted mine to my liking when I was making it. The D-ring which connects to the carabiner is not sewn in place but lose in between two strap buckles which give some play, but not to much to make feel unsafe. The D-ring which is sewn in place is on the side of the waist strap which is under my arm in the pics above. it is used in conjunction with one on the opposite side as a connecting point for the lineman's belt.

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Here is a look of my HSS tree/rope attachment to the tree the other evening.

Tree Trunk Plant Compound bow

·
Registered
79 Posts
I sent you a message with some questions.

I was a saddle user for years and then found this little gem on the classifieds and decided to give it a try. To my surprise it was more comfortable than the saddle but with the original attachments a bit more cumbersome and more complicated than I wanted for my mobile setup. So I did some modifying and sold my saddle due to its comfort and ease of use.

The following is what I have done and in no way encourage others to do so and am not responsible for improper use of the following equipment. I am merely illustrating a modification to an existing product which better suits my individual needs.

I have a gen 1 Treesuit (rope version) and a gen 2 (strap version). I use a HSS lineman’s rope for climbing my tree as well as my connection to the tree when hunting.

View attachment 2060771 View attachment 2060774

View attachment 2060775 View attachment 2060776

Treesuit Generation 1 Model:
I totally eliminated the rope system supplied with the stand and used Amsteel blue rope 3/16” which has a minimum breaking strength of 3,600lbs or 360 working lbs. As you can see in the pics I also added a short connection to the buckle on the strap around my midsection to the carabineer for added back support and to prevent rope slip when turning in the tree to make a shot on either side of the tree. This setup is very comfortable and safe with two points of connection at the tree (the seat and the midsection strap) and did I mention only weighs about 2lbs.

Treesuit Generation 2 Model:
I utilized the supplied straps but in a different way than the original was intended for. I added a D-clamp to create a lineman’s belt on the midsection strap with some handy stitching and 30lb spectra fishing line. I also added two buckles in the center of the seat strap to prevent strap slippage when turning to make shots on either side of the tree. I forgot to include an image of this, but you can also run the midsection strap through the carabineer to create a recliner effect when situated in your tree…very comfortable! This setup is very comfortable, safe, and is a lineman’s belt also which weighs in at about 2.5 lbs.
Both Treesuits are very comfortable and have no pinch associated with them like many of the other saddle type harnesses/stands. They are extremely mobile and hardly noticed when hiking into your honey hole. The HSS tree hookup makes getting in and out extremely fast and easy.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts