Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
bow nut
4,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had no luck finding a ready available kit to modify my older X Press. Anyone add a wheel to the arms that contact the limbs? I was thinking a large roller blade wheel might work. I know they have an inside diameter of 22 mm. Now I have to go home and check the diameter of the X Press arms.

·
Registered
4,555 Posts
You are looking for the wheels to straddle the cam and allow you to press more near the limb tip rather than on the limb below the cam, right?

I'm looking to do that same thing to a home made x-press that I have.

There are three key things you have to find:
1. The correct axle diameter
2. A large enough OD to keep the cam from hitting the axle. This will vary depending on how large your cams are.
3. Something with open type spokes that allow you to still work on the cam.

I had originally looked at v belt pulleys. You would just have to epoxy a section of belt into the pulley to pad it where it contacts the limbs.

I am also considering checking with a local cutter who maybe be able to cut what I need out of 1/2" plate aluminum. I just haven't got a price from him yet.

Let me know if you come up with a solution that works.

Mitch

·
Registered
3,937 Posts
Have you tried calling the Sure Loc and see if you can purchase the wheel assemblies? Both models use 1 3/4 square tubing where the wheels are mounted.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
pm sent

·
Registered
4,555 Posts
I just did a mock up and will have some parts in the near future.

Basically an 8" diameter 1/2 circle with an axle hole and cutouts for being able to reach into the cam. Once I verify they work as intended, I will post a photo and the PDF part template.

Mitch

·
A.K.A BuckChef
4,118 Posts
I have tried calling the owner of the Accu-Press, he is a super nice guy, actually I have talked with him several times. He is actually the designer of the original X Press. His attachments would be prefect on the Xpress. He has told me that he is too busy building regular presses and it's not worth his time to just sell the arm attachments. I told him if that changes he should sell an upgrade kit and I'm sure it would be a good seller.
Other people should try calling/contacting him, I'm sure if there is enough interest he would actually consider doing it.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Are you Speaking with someone from Specialty Archery?
I have tried calling the owner of the Accu-Press, he is a super nice guy, actually I have talked with him several times. He is actually the designer of the original X Press. His attachments would be prefect on the Xpress. He has told me that he is too busy building regular presses and it's not worth his time to just sell the arm attachments. I told him if that changes he should sell an upgrade kit and I'm sure it would be a good seller.
Other people should try calling/contacting him, I'm sure if there is enough interest he would actually consider doing it.

·
A.K.A BuckChef
4,118 Posts
With watching all the videos on that press, I really feel it would be a great press and I really feel there are Tons of old Sure Loc presses out there collecting dust for the most part that would become viable again with an upgrade. I know I only use mine for bows like my C4 and the like.

·
A.K.A BuckChef
4,118 Posts

·
Registered
4,555 Posts
Thats very cool! I'm gonna try with SA one more time, then maybe I'll give that one a try. I'm just really surprised that with all the Sure Loc presses out there that there is no market for an upgrade kit.
There was a market and Sureloc did sell adapters for a while. I'm guessing they also patented the adapter while they were at it.

Really, it becomes a money game. Why sell $100 adapters when you could sell a new $800 press?

Mitch

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
I called Specialty Archery to see if I could purchase parts to upgrade my SureLoc press. The gentleman I spoke to said they will not sell individual parts.

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
here is my solution

no need those big wheels, can't come close to limb tips if you have cam-pillow-blocks
these are past parallel limbs

IMG_3951.jpg
IMG_3950.jpg

this how I started, then I trow out the fingers and now I can adjust each blue bearings individually

IMG_4429.jpg
IMG_4415.jpg

1 - 17 of 17 Posts