Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a technical question that I hope some of you sages can help me with. I just got my newest American Hunter, and in it, Bill Winke reviews the new PSE Mach X. In the review, he makes the following comment:

"I have never been a big fan of modular single-cam bows because most have just one module that affects the size of the take-up track of the cam. The let-out track is unaffected, therefore nock travel can't remain perfect. In most cases, these modular cams force a compromise on anyone with a draw length other than 29 inches. But the X Cam on the Mach X includes both teh take-up and let-out tracks so the cam continues to produce level nock travel at every draw length."

Could someone please explain all of that to me. I assume by "modular single-cam bows" he means any single cam bow where the draw length is adjusted by modules. Is this why Matthews has switched to a draw-length specific cam? Also, how does this apply to Ross bows, which are adjusted by modules? If I get, say a 27-29" model and adjust the module for 27 inches, will I have problems with non-level nock travel?

Thanks a lot,

·
Registered
50,358 Posts
IMHO don't worry about-----I've never seen where it makes a hill of beans difference if the bow is tuned and set up properly for the person.:wink: :) :darkbeer:

·
Registered
9,398 Posts
?????????????

Mathews didn't switch to draw length specific cams, that is all they ever produced, I believe. I agree for the most part with Dale B1, though I've had a few modular single cams that were not very easy to tune, and they were 29-30" draw. I think Bill is just flaunting his technical expertise.:wink:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts