Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking of getting Mohegan T/D recurve for my 12 year old son. Has anybody this forum had any experience with this bow. Would appreciate any feedback, good or bad.

·
Registered
571 Posts
A fellow named Caleb was on here last week asking about the same bow. If I'm not mistaken, the Mohegan is manufactured by Ragim, an Italian Trad Manufacturer. They have some nice intermediate level bows, but the entry-level recurve isn't as good as the Samick Polaris! Check out the thread:

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=889398

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mohegan Recurve

Thanks for your input and the link. I shoot both compound and recurve, my recurve is a Samick Deermaster 60" 50#. A good buddy of mine has owned Black Widow bows for 15 years and he likes the way my Samick shoots.

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
If I'm not mistaken, the Mohegan is made by Greatree. (at least is say's so on the limbs)

The local pro-shop started carrying them last month and has not been able to keep them in stock. They seem to be a great (and tough) little bow.

I have heard that some came with a slightly wrong length string. But strings are easy to make and every kid should build their own string at least once to appreciate the work and that goes into one, and the respect you should show it (by regular waxing;-) IMO.

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
O.K., I said it in the earlier thread mentioned above and I'll say it again -- Greatree doesn't manufacture any bows; they are a distributor of others' bows, e.g. W-W, Samick, etc. www.greatreearchery.com
Them putting a Greatree logo on the Mohegan limb is somewhat misleading.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts