Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
this may be a stupid question, but here it is. dad has a mount a few years old that is growing mold around the nose and in the ears. is there a certain way of cleaning this with out damaging the mount. never saw this before. its hanging on the wall and has been since he got it back so im not sure how it started, and my mom is a clean freak. is there a certain way of cleaning it or will soap and water work just fine
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
274 Posts
mold ?

Is the mount in a damp area? Get ya some clorox wipes and clean the mold off.Now make sure its dry.Wipe down with mild soap and water,dry COMPLETELY,wipe down with some armour all (no s***) and get it in an area where its not so damp.If you have a de-humidifier use it (put the mount in a small room to dry it) Moisture is the worst thing you can do to a mount!!!!!!
 

·
I am the Tin Man!
Joined
·
2,982 Posts
I have dealt with mold in my line of work. Water and hydrogen peroxide will kill it, not sure what it will do to the hide thought. Keeping it dry will prevent it. I would make sure none of your mounts are in a humid area, like a basement, that is asking for trouble.
 
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Top