Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My brother is over in Iraq right now and they are setting up an archery range and of course he had to buy a new bow. He asked me the question money a side what would you pick as your bullet proof set up not top of the line set up but bullet proof no fail set up. He was also wondering where he could find some colored serving as well. I think he is going to send his bow to the bow pimping place also.

Bow
Rest
Sight
Quiver
Stabilizer
Wrist sling
Arrow
Case
Release

·
Registered
117 Posts
Bow that depends on what he likes personal preference I like the carbon element and Z7 extreme. Also Tell him to get a spot hogg sight, if he orders straight from SH he can get a very large discount on two items in his life time I believe its 45% he has to show proof he is in the military. As far as rest goes I would go with the QAD PRO HD, Octane 6" stabilizer, Release I like the Tru-Fire 360. arrow Carbon express maxima blue streak. I like the plano HS series hybrid case however they are not readily available anymore so if he wants one of those he needs to order it soon. Last but not least Quiver I dont know what to say here I like the Fuze 1 piece quiver however the holes for the broadheads are small and can cause complications I have recently picked up a Octane bantamweight quiver and I do not like the mounting system so I'm going to try and retrofit the one off my fuse.

Hope this helps.
Be ready for a ton of different reviews everything comes down to personal preference. All said an done a Hoyt power hawk with a cheap arrow and sight will harvest just as well as a carbon element decked out with everything one can think of.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yetanotheryeti
Yes he is American and I am 32 years old. As for the term bullet proof I am looking for tried and true what works for you set ups with out money being a factor. I know what I like and what I would pick. However I want to step outside my box and see what others use and what works for them. I tend not to adapt to change very well my self. I am an outfitter my self and I see set ups up and down the line. I do only have two post but have been silent on this post just reading for a few years and look forward to what people have to share and make some small talk. So what is your 2 cents on this topic. Thanks and have a good one.

·
Registered
3,412 Posts
Bow - Hoyt Carbon Element/Matrix+ with Park-N-Sons Precision Strings.
Rest - Whisker Biscuit. Basically fail proof.
Sight - Black Gold or Spot-Hogg
Quiver - Tight Spot
Stabilizer - Fuse Blade 10 inch
Wrist sling - Any
Arrow - Gold Tip Kinetic
Case - SKB
Release - Scott Rhino XT

That setup would be pretty darn tough and it keeps everything simple. If I were building a hunting bow today and money wasn't an issue, that's what it would be.

·
Registered
47,473 Posts
Carbon Matrix Plus or CRX35, TM style rest, Doinker stabilizer and Sword/SpottHogg/SureLoc sight. Throw some good custom threads on it and you're good for tens of thousands of shots.

·
Registered
3,412 Posts
Did you not say its for your brother setting up a range in Iraq ?
now your at "This set up would be for bowhunting in minnesota." WHAT ????????

are you a bit on the slow side ? taking advantage of US vets ? Using moms computer ???

*** ?

Please tell me I misunderstood you somewhere along the dotted lines ? In your 3 post ?

YOUR BROTHER IS SETTING UP A RANGE IN IRAQ ? NEEDS TO KNOW WHERE TO GET COLORED SERVING ?
is this just a mere racial joke ?
Yeti,

I think you are reading this the wrong way bro. The guy isn't asking for anything for free. He is simply saying "if money weren't an issue, what would you get." That's what he means by "money aside." So ease up on the guy, would ya? It's kind of ironic that you called him "slow," by the way.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Yeti,

I think you are reading this the wrong way bro. The guy isn't asking for anything for free. He is simply saying "if money weren't an issue, what would you get." That's what he means by "money aside." So ease up on the guy, would ya? It's kind of ironic that you called him "slow," by the way.
I agree, not sure where get off slamming this guy but chill out a little bit.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts