Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone ever see or kill any big bucks there? I have hunted there all my life and killed a lot of nice 8's. I was wondering if anyone has seen any really big ones. I have only seen a couple.

·
Registered
835 Posts
I know a guy here killed one in the 150's last year with a bow. Also know a guy that killed at 160" 9 point but nothing bigger than that.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
chasing a 9 pter now that looks like he's on steroids, has to be over 250, I think someone else is after him also as he got busted hunting inside city limits on private property and I'm set up just about 100 feet on the legal side, in the National Forest, saw a CO and he checked my license and warned be to stay where I was, as any closer and he'd have to bust me too .:)
bobbyh

·
Registered
835 Posts
Good Luck on getting the deer you are after.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Good Luck on getting the deer you are after.
saw him again today at noon time however this time he was with 11 other deer male and female, seem an old man come to the same place everyday and feeds them home made corn bread, and this time there were 2 more males that were 6 pters. but due to responsibilities I cant go after him until the first week in Nov.
thanks for the wishes and hope you are successful as well
bobbyh

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I went up that way the other day and saw a 4 point the would probably gross about 130. It looked older so it was probably on the decline but it was crazy looking. It was almost dark and I could see it's rack from about 200 yards away.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts