Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Breezy56
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Mathews Monster 7.0 that im having a problem with the back wall being to spongey and as i shoot a back tension release its becoming a problem any help would be appreciated
Thanks

·
Breezy56
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks guiltyone for the reply , its 80% let off , i can solid it up by twisting the cables and then checking the cam timing but takes a looooong time, i was hoping to find a trick or better way to get that solid back wall the problem i get into is that the bow falls out of spec on both the axle to axle and brace height about a 1/4 inch on both , thanks again and let me know if you have any ideas .
Thanks

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
You can add brass string nocks to cables, where they hit mod at full draw, and this will help. Adjust for best feel.

·
Registered
4,555 Posts
The monsters have the worst wall in the biz bunch of threads on this. Never going to be great but check the basics first.

·
Registered
4,555 Posts
I have had several monsters and mr's. the 65% mods make it better. The problem is the location and the way the mod contacts the cable. Some guys have added nocks and heat shrinked them right at the point where they contact. Never tried that.

·
Registered
3,937 Posts
Thanks guiltyone for the reply , its 80% let off , i can solid it up by twisting the cables and then checking the cam timing but takes a looooong time, i was hoping to find a trick or better way to get that solid back wall the problem i get into is that the bow falls out of spec on both the axle to axle and brace height about a 1/4 inch on both , thanks again and let me know if you have any ideas .
Thanks
You pretty much answered your own question, timing the cams will help a lot to firm up the wall. The brass nocks the other guys are talking about will help also.

·
Registered
9 Posts
One thing you can try to do to firm up that wall is something we've done on a number of bows over the years. Take some 2 part stick type epoxy and lay it in the stop groove of the cam. Wrap the string with wax paper or plastic wrap before hand (make sure it's tight on the string and the cam side is perfectly smooth), pull back until the string just compresses the mix into the groove. Once you've formed it in, wait for it to slightly cure and then pull back once again to set it where you want. Let the mix cure, then take a flat and round file and finish it, take out any burrs or sharp edges... cut it down some if the wall isn't exactly where you want it or want it to feel. The problem some people have with these cams is the stop part of it has a slight radius to it giving it that spongy feel. Keep in mind that this can be messy if not done correctly and can be a ***** to get out of the cam if you're not happy with the results.

Like other people have said... timing the cams, trying other modules... anything else before trying this trick may make it feel right for you, but if all else fails this will help improve that back wall.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts