Archery Talk Forum banner

Which one?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wanting to know y'alls opinions on which one of these I should go with for a 3-d bow.
I am selling my Z7 to a family member and using the money I get from it for a 3-d bow since I'm using my Monster 6.7 for hunting.

now for 3-d, I want to be shooting 1 pin to 30 yards at 70# 27" with a 350 grain arrow which is what my fatboys weigh that I used for 3-d which I plan to use for 3-d either that or Flatlines.
I know a Monster 7 will do it, but I dont know if a conquest triumph will, and my Monster does it with a 420 grain Axis FMJ 400 and it did it at 60# with my fatboys as well.
I shoot my Monster well, so I know I will shoot a Monster 7 good as well, but will I shoot a Triumph better and still be 1 pin to 30 yards? if so then I will try to go with a triumph but I definitely want that 1 pin to 30 yards for 3-d.
so which one for 3-d?

I appreciate everyones opinions on this.

thanks,
Clint

and if you have an opinion of another bow that will fit the bill please let me know, I prefer to keep in the Mathews brand and Hoyt brand, but only those 2 companies preferrably Mathews since I like to support them since they support missionaries.

·
Registered
5,899 Posts
I've owned both bows you mentioned. I personally thought the triumph shot pretty good, but the m7 was my 3d bow and currently being converted to hunting setup (bought an apex 7) along side my m6.7 The m7 is a shooter and if the apex 7 doesn't pan out for me I'll be going back to the m7. That being said between the (2) I'd say m7, since it's the best of both worlds as far as speed for 3d and hunting if you so choose.

And I actually sold the triumph too.

·
Shootin and Cussin
23,609 Posts
Well, what class and sanctioning body are you going to be shooting?

Are speed limits going to come into play?

·
Socket Man
23,816 Posts
Your goal is impossible, I shoot a destroyer 350 at 350 fps and I can't even use one pin so your going to be disappointed. Both bows are good so just pick the one you want to spend some time with but I hope we don't hear how disappointed you were that your scores were poor.

If you are so worried about 1 pin why not get a single pin from hha with a sight tape.

8,767 Posts
Both are extremely good bows...I own both and use both for target. For target the M7 is a tack driver and I am getting another one to match the first. The triumph is a tack driver as well...just slower. Very stable and very top heavy so you would need to balance the bow out to your preference before you get the real effect of the bow. Once you get the triumph balanced you would absolutely shoot lights out with it! I am using the M7 for IBO and the Triumph for ASA.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
I shoot a Triumph and love it but since you're already used to a Monster 6.7 and shoot it well, I'd go with the M7. Stick with what's working for you.

·
Registered
4,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ya I will be shooting bowhunter class, most likely not any asa since then u have speed limits, now if IBO has no speed limits then I would do that, but mainly for just these local shoots and that kind of stuff.

with my Monster 6.7 at 70# 27" with a 420 grain arrow I shoot 1 pin to 30 yards and it currently has an HHA on it but I'm putting a Black Gold flashpoint 5 pin on it for hunting and putting an ultra-rest on it since it has just a nap quick tune which does fine but I would much rather the QAD for hunting.

I just wasnt ure if the triumph would make much more difference in accuracy than a M7. I KNOW I can shoot my Monster good, much better than my Z7 and I can shoot tight groups out to 70 yards with it as long as I aint really worn out.

and I dont plan on using it for hunting, that's what my Monster 6.7 is for and the M7 would act as a back-up emergency bow if something accidentally happened to my Monster 6.7.

so I guess I would go with the Monster 7 from what I've heard so far and from the poll results.

and I dont plan on shooting indoor stuff, like 5 spots and what not, but if I did I would defintely be interested in a conquest triumph or one of the conquest bows where I dont really need a fast shooting bow.

·
Registered
884 Posts
voted for the MR7 as i have been using one here in Australia and we dont have speed restraints when shooting 3D, they are an awesome bow to shoot you wont have any issues with one at all

·
Registered
187 Posts
I'm shooting speed limits and shoot a triumph. I also have so monster for hunting. If you have the ability to shoot the triumph and try it you may like it. I'm looking for asa and spot so speed is not a factor to me.

·
Registered
4,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well since I am not necessarily planning on shooting asa where you have speed limits I go with the Monster 7 for 3-d and if I ever decide to shoot asa I can just back off the poundage until I am not over the 280fps limit which is what I think the speed limit.

it's funny how nowadays that bows are so fast that they have to put speed limits for them, kinda like cars lol!

thanks for all the input.
Clint

·
Registered
47,473 Posts
You aren't getting one pin to 30 yards with ANY bow. Not if you plan on hitting Xs or 14s anyway. No possible way, bud. Not even at 400fps. So forget all out speed and go for smooth, relatively fast and very easy to repeat the shot with time and time again. Speedbows aren't the best at this, by the way.

·
Registered
949 Posts
You aren't getting one pin to 30 yards with ANY bow. Not if you plan on hitting Xs or 14s anyway. No possible way, bud. Not even at 400fps. So forget all out speed and go for smooth, relatively fast and very easy to repeat the shot with time and time again. Speedbows aren't the best at this, by the way.
+1 x 1000000000000000000000000 1 pin to 30? And give up large amounts of accuracy? Why not hold 1" high at 30 instead? Speed kills......accuracy. I wouldnt buy a speed bow for anything with 37"+ATA and over 7"BH bows shooting over 300. Whats the point?

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
I agree with Buster... I own both and use the triumph for 3 as well as spots. best shooting bow i have ever shot.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts