Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Archery is a Passion...
3,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This bow is listed on Ebay and sounds like a great buy. Can you guys tell me if this bow has the latest limbs? and are these wood laminate limbs?

I used to have an original Oneida Discovery and had some aspects upgraded so it was similar to the current Phoenix and it was a blast to shoot, I have regreted selling it.

I've not kept up with Monster Bows and don't know all the changes and would be interested in seeing your comments on this bow. Take a look, here it is...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Monster-Bow-Pho...5|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318|301:1|293:1|294:50

thanks,
thenson

·
Hoyt Nation Life Member
15,077 Posts
I was expecting to see a Mathews bow on there. Mathews steal that name too ??? :thumbs_do

·
Registered
915 Posts
I was expecting to see a Mathews bow on there. Mathews steal that name too ??? :thumbs_do
:thumbs_do
Monster bow inc = company name , bow name is Phoenix
Mathews = company name , bow name is Monster , do you see the difference ?

·
Archery is a Passion...
3,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks. So how do the wood laminate limbs compare to the ESC limbs? And are they still building bows using the ESC? How do you rate the durability of the Laminate versus the ESC?

·
Banned
6,017 Posts
they are different animals...durability on both are excellent...the ESC limb needs some different set ups to make them quiet as they are very stiff and do not give on the shot like wood does...but the esc can be tamed (i shot them for years and had no issues)..the wood is very strong and very quiet without added things like limbsavers/string leeches etc.

·
Registered
636 Posts
OK.... so I'm callin' shenanegins (sp?) :mg:

bsk72512 (Bob) is a friend of yours and has been for a long time, on this board and others.... well documented (btw... I notice you don't have Brush Archery, Bob's "new" company, in your signature anymore.... hmmmmm....). You've been a long time customer of Monsters too. That's Bob's same name on eBay. You can't not know who that is. I'm not sure what the purpose is of asking a question publically on here that you could just call Bob for but I'm also questioning why you are suddenly not remembering anything about our limbs. It's been discussed on this board and our board many times and I'm sure if I went back through it all, you've participated. You've been a long time member of our discussion board and still lurk on there. Last time you were on our board was March 29, 2009 so your statement of not keeping up doesn't hold up. Also, as a friend of Bob who is making a copy of our limb with "his" supplier, I'm sure Bob would've told you the differences between a composite limb and a laminated limb.

So... I'm not sure I'm understanding this thread and what OTHER motives could be behind it. Maybe trying to help sell the bow? Well, good. Looks like he sold it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts