Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 116 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I,ve been drooling over the new Phoenix from Monster Bows for the last 3 days. Reading all the info on their website. Well today I went to the grand opening of a local archery shop, and Mike Day happened to be there. He is one of the mad scientists over at Monster. I asked about his bow; he took me out back, gave me his bow, arrows, and release. All I can say is WOW! This bow is unreal. Absoutely dead in the hand at the shot. Solid back wall. Extremely smooth draw. Yeah this thing was fast, but what impressed me the most was the silence of this bow! Which to me is way more important than speed. Mike spent the better part of an hour answering all my questions, which I had alot of. Now I gotta have one. Check out their website if you've never heard of them. They are impressive. And they are reasonably priced at $675. Jim

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
I currently have one in my possession, and have about 2000 shots through it. It is the sweetest bow I have shot and has NO cams at all on it. 300+ IBO, up to 94% adjustable let-off and 5 inches of draw adjustment. There is no other bow like it right now, and it is certainly NOT another cookie cutter. Though it is not the fastest bow out there, it still gets the job done. Mine is shooting a 326 grain arrow at 57 lbs at 278 fps and will go over 300 IBO. Remember....this is a shoot through system with NO CAMS!

Here is a picture of it, and I'll make a prediction right now.....the only ones who will bash this bow are the ones who have never shot it! They WILL make waves in the archery industry, and the Monsters bows guys are great guys...period!

By the way, this is the short Phoenix hunting model.....they are also working on an XL version!:tongue:

Todd

·
Registered
409 Posts
I have a 70 # Phoniex, it is the sweetest bow I have ever owned. Shooting a 415 gr GT @ 65 # 28.5 in DL 271fps over my Chrony. Any one that shoots it falls in love with it. Great all around bow!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
579 Posts
I thought these bows were not even finished yet and that it would be at least twelve weeks before they started production. Am I wrong? If so, how quickly are they available?

·
Keep'n Archery Real
4,287 Posts
Wow, 271fps and that arrow is pretty heavy for a 65# draw weight.

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
This is the first time I've heard of them,looks like a pretty cool design.

·
Banned
6,017 Posts
jim, thank you for your time...it was my pleasure to let you have at it..:)

Sk: the bows that are out now are a few we had with our first run..very limited and they have a different outbord..the wait time to ship with our limb is still approx 10weeks 8 weeks??? we have been taking orders and deposits

the orders are growing everyday...

thanks everyone for your feedback

mikie

·
Archery is a Passion...
3,015 Posts
I'm shooting a prototype Phoenix which is an original Oneida made Discovery with the shoot thru system upgrade and limb upgrade. Mine is not even the final version and still a dream to shoot. Like what has already been said, they have a wonderfully smooth draw cycle, rock solid wall like no other bow I've shot and steady and accurate.

This bow "might" not be for everybody, but if you hunt, you really should try to shoot one, you won't regret it and with the improvements already being made, this bow is going to open a lot of eyes.

thenson

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Moose mustard said:
Onieda done right? fascinating design. Bowhunters watch those shoot thru cables.
Actually, with any shoot-through design, it is much easier to load the arrow nock-end first anyway, so broadheads will never be an issue. It took me about 5 to 10 shots to get used to the shoot-through design.

·
Registered
8,359 Posts
Not only that but the bows are whisper quiet. That's no lie. People talk about being able to get their Oneidas quiet but when compared to other bows they're still noisey as all get out. These bows easily compare if not exceed mainstream bows in quietness.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thenson, man you ain't kidding about them being accurate! Sunday was the first time handling one, which was Mike personal set up. I had a fist sized group instantly from maybe 25 yards, just awsome. Yeah they are incredibly quite, which is what I like the most about them. Thanks to you Mike. Jim

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
Not only that but the bows are whisper quiet. That's no lie. People talk about being able to get their Oneidas quiet but when compared to other bows they're still noisey as all get out. These bows easily compare if not exceed mainstream bows in quietness.
Do you have any decibel readings of what the actual noise is?

·
Banned
4,365 Posts
When is the XL model available?

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Doc, wasnt it like 87db for a Bowtech VFT and 88db for a Phoenix, both with the same setup? I may be WAY off.

When is the XL model available?
I'm not sure the MBI guys know quite yet. Their main focus is getting this Phoenix rolling well first. I was really wanting to wait for the XL myself, until Mike sent me a Phoenix and asked me to put 5000 shots through it. Now I want my own Phoenix AND an XL as well. LOL:tongue:

Todd

1 - 20 of 116 Posts