Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What drop away's have you guys seen/used on the Monster? I won't call him by name, but a shop owner told us that the Mathews dropaway was the only one he could get to work on it. I'm calling BS bigtime on that, but wanted to get yall's take on it. So what have you seen set up and working on the Monster?

· Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats kind of what I was thinking. Why wouldn't other's work on it? I think he was either just trying to push the Mathews rest (he's a dealer, so why wouldn't he) or he was just being cantankerous about it and didn't even want to try another rest.

· Registered
47,636 Posts
I call BS! Give me allen wrenches, lipstick, serving thread and a long pair of needle nose pliers and I can make any dropaway work on any bow. I'd bet anything. :shade:

He just wants to sell Mat branded items it seems.

· Registered
1,536 Posts
The mathews rest works like a limbdriver .I just works off the upcable instead of the toplimb.I shot the monster last night at another shop and it looked like you could shoot any rest on it.If you can't shoot all others on it then you have a problem because it wasn't any faster then the Xforce and we have set them up with almost every rest and never had a problem.

· Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I figured he was just pushing the Mathews products. It just rubs me wrong to set there and say that that is the only one that will work. Kind of implies to me that I (we) are just too stupid to figure out that any of them would work if set up properly. The principle is the same regardless. Thanks guys.

· Registered
1,660 Posts
I will be using a limbdriver. Limbdriver is the only rest I would ever put on a binary or dual cam bow. From my experience cable driven rests decrease let-off and shortens valley. You can tune it out but its a pain in the butt.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.