Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys my buddy was at BlueRidge Backwoods(a bow shop in Monticello,IL) this morning and a guy brought in a buck that green scored 179 ans something. It field dressed at 305lbs., my buddy said it was huge and the sad thing was that it is only the 2nd largest taken out of there year, there has been a bigger one taken!!

·
Registered
112 Posts
where was it from

There was post of huge one taken about an hour north of bloomington it was a HAWG. Lots of big deer over in that neck of the woods. Lots of deer in Allerton just waiting for the picking

·
Registered
17,328 Posts
It's a LOT harder to keep track of impressive Illinois bowkills this season with the elimination of all the check-in stations! Still, I know of some awesome bucks that have already been tagged! Here is the pic of the 240" 28 pointer from north Mclean county.

·
Registered
267 Posts
We ran a tape over him real quick..Right at 190in...Inside is a whopping 28.5in. thats why we put the arrow in, so it would give you an idea..WANNA see a big 8???

·
Registered
267 Posts

158in. This deer weighed 211...REMEMBER, these are field dressed...I run a contest here at the shop every year,,Get to see alot of bigggggggg deer. Unfortunatly(sp) I never see anything like this where I hunt...My biggest buck is 132in. with a bow...Enjoy......I have more...

·
Registered
267 Posts
Thats weird,,,,A friend of mine here in town that I turkey hunt with has MKMGOBBLE on his lic..plate.Where at are you in Ill.?

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
Wow thoese are those huge bucks....i have gotta get to Ill to bow hunt...someday. Keep em coming man :thumbs_up

·
Registered
267 Posts
You should have seen the look on this boys face when he brought this in...Of coarse hes an expert hunter now,,just ask him. :) NO, he really is a good kid....

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
WOW what a drop tine that one buck has. That thing is a CLUB!!! he could smoke other deer with that thing haha, one quick whip of the head and WHAM! :boxing: That drop tine looks like it weighs 5lbs!!!

1 - 20 of 72 Posts