Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do they all draw as smooth as the chill? I shot the chill and loved but just don't want to spend that much, I was thinking if the the other monsters drew back like that I would snag one.

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
there is a little more of a hump in the standard monster line. 65% let off mods takes it out though

·
Banned
5,673 Posts
Do they all draw as smooth as the chill? I shot the chill and loved but just don't want to spend that much, I was thinking if the the other monsters drew back like that I would snag one.
The MR7 and 8 do, the 6 is a little rougher and the 5 is not very friendly but it's bad by any means.

Monster Chill ❄

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
With the 65% let off mods is that a noticeable difference in draw weight?

·
Sultan of Smack
5,728 Posts
Honesty, at 60#, it's not really that noticeable. I feel that I do get a crisper release.

SCFox

·
Registered
51,088 Posts
To get to your question-----No they do not. They have harsher cams than the Chill. An "snag" one because of price----the only way your going to get one cheaper is used. Then by the time you get it properly fitted to you your not going to save what you think.

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
With the 65% let off mods is that a noticeable difference in draw weight?
My mr8 is at 65% and 70lbs I honestly felt it made the bow easier to draw with the 65% mods no big hump to pull it over. But if you are not used to the holding weight it will feel like it always wants to take off on you. I have a hard time shooting bows with high let off from shooting my target bows so much during the year.

·
Registered
919 Posts
My MR7 is one of the smoothest bows I've ever shot. The difference in the chill and MR series IMO is just balance. The chill is super balanced. The MRs are top heavy

·
Registered
6,288 Posts
MR5 and MR6 are smooth IMO. I have 2 MR5's, an MR6, and a 7.0 and all are smooth and shoot great I think.

·
Registered
4,601 Posts
the original monsters had alittle harder pull than the MR series... I've owned ALOT of the Monster line of bows... currently have a MR7 setup for 3d,and shot a MR8 for indoors, these bows are super smooth on the draw and are tackdrivers

·
Banned
9,842 Posts
the original monsters had alittle harder pull than the MR series... I've owned ALOT of the Monster line of bows... currently have a MR7 setup for 3d,and shot a MR8 for indoors, these bows are super smooth on the draw and are tackdrivers
will agree^^^^^

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
I had a monster 7 and it was not as smooth as the chill. It wasn't bad just a little stiff but it was a tack driver. I personally liked it better than the chill.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
My MR 7 is nice and smooth, I have it at 60 lbs, and I love it

1 - 17 of 17 Posts