Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am pumped!!!! I just got permission to hunt a piece of land that knowbody has hunted in years which I have personally seen 140s to 160s on the last couple of years. Mequon, WI definetely has world class whitetail and I just landed a monster location. In fact I started scouting it this spring on my lunch breaks. I've been wiring a house on the property. I have great land in Northern WI with a big 10 lurking around that I"ve been after and is still there but I think I will be letting him go this year. This property has way to much potential to ignore. Who thinks I should ignore a 10 I've pretty much got pinned down for a shot at a monster I don't even know will cross my path?

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
Congrats..................Go for it...........

Walleye REv...................

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
You never know...

You never know what you will end up having a good shot at that you want to take. I bet a bigger one walks by first and you don't even get to see that 10!

Good Luck!

·
Banned
919 Posts
If i was you i would invite me down to shoot the big 10 and then WE could go hunt the other farm as well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rolleyes: Good luck and it sounds like you are SO IN!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
I Would Not Mention ...

this anymore... I would just hunt the property, kill a 215" and then yell YeeHa
loud enough for the whole country to hear.

Good Luck

Joe Lorenti

·
Registered
17,328 Posts
sgs said:
Who thinks I should ignore a 10 I've pretty much got pinned down for a shot at a monster I don't even know will cross my path?
IF I had a dollar for everytime I've heard someone claim that they had a big buck "pinned down". :confused: :wink:

IF you really are onto this buck where you honestly believe you can kill him than I think it would be foolish NOT to hunt him! Who says you can't hunt both locations anyways??? This new second location would be great to hunt in order to reduce your hunting pressure on the first location. I wouldn't burn any bridges and simply plan to hunt BOTH farms. It does sound like this newer spot is a great one and it's one I'd be spending a great deal of time on but you can't possibly walk away from an old mature buck that you have "pinned down".... IF there really is such a thing? Best of luck to ya this fall. We want pics?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cornfed, you are absolutely right. I THINK I have the 10 where I want him. I had him in range twice now but have been able to shoot both times. First time he surprized the heck out of me and it was too late to draw and the second time he somehow skirted my shooting lane. So no, he is not a sure thing but I know he is there. I saw him this year on my property again. I am super exited about the new spot. I know there is even bigger deer there. It's just a matter of spending time on the property. I dont' really agree with splitting time because what I didnt' mention is that the two spots are about four hours apart.

·
Registered
17,328 Posts
LOL!!! I'll tell ya what bud, you've got ME excited about your new property! I'll be there about the first week of Novemeber. Let's see,.... I"ll bring my bow and a couple treestands..... will that be all I need? :wink: All kidding aside, this new property does indeed sound exciting and I wish ya the best of luck but certainly don't close the door on the big 10 because rare is the animal that we actually know where, when and why they are on a specific spot before they become to wise and/or to nocturnal. Keep an open mind and kill bucks off both tracts? Good luck and good huntin'

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Cornfed, If you weren't from the flat land I would actually concider having you up. JK !!! Good luck to you too. I'll post the pics of whatever I shoot.

·
roll over
588 Posts
there are definately big deer in mequon. seen many myself. there all over down here. its just about gettin permission or paying the right price. good luck hope you take one out.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts