Archery Talk Forum banner

Monster MR5 video thread

3310 Views 28 Replies 18 Participants Last post by  Mitchell welty
Got a new Monster MR5 in at Select Archery and we took some quick videos between jobs (reason for the goofy looking shirt). Hope you enjoy!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

· Registered
1,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

· Registered
1,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

· Registered
1,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We have another video that we did with a 311 grain arrow that we hit 327.8 fps. That would put it at 347.8 at a 30" draw 11 grains over IBO with a peep sight and string loop on the string. It's pretty blazing fast.

· Registered
1,846 Posts
Using the the backcountry archery calculator, the above stats puts the IBO speed at 356 fps......that was including 20 grains for peep and loop. Thats damn fast if you ask me
Im with you! sounds pretty freakin fast to me as well

· Registered
1,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

· Registered
1,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

· Banned
2,358 Posts
The MR5 looks like a great bow for Mathews; I'm really impressed with the MR6 and it's accuracy
out to 40 yards; the myth of the short BH is coming to an end, as bow technology improves.

Great job Mathews.

· Registered
883 Posts
It will hit ibo with good strings and cables. I've got a mr7 and am hitting 344 70 lb 30" 350 grain arrow with astro flight strings. I also put strings and cables on a mr6 for a friend and it was doing 355 with same specs that's 1 fps over advertised speed. If those will do ibo im very sure the 5 will get it too.

· Bone Collector
5,545 Posts
Dang!! That thing is blazing!!! Mathews definitely has a winner with the MR5.

Jake

· Banned
1,028 Posts
Awesome, thanks for sharing.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.