·
Registered Elker
7,716 Posts
wow! Can you hunt around your house? I hope so for your sake

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah, If you look at some of my previous posts, I've got some early pictures of them in June. The mulies come out of the mountains in the summer and enjoy all the grass. Come thanksgiving time, We hike up in the rocky cliffs above our house and try and get one. Its hard hunting but it can be definitely worth it.

·
Registered
8,236 Posts
Nice Buck

donw said:
Mmmm...Long, velvety tines. Wish I could even find any like that here in AZ!
Don, I told you were to look :) If your going this year get with me I have seen a 6X6 non-Typ. there.

Keep your eye on that boy, he is a shooter for sure :thumbs_up

·
Registered
6 Posts
That is a nice buck!!! True not real wide but lots of points and tall.

Here's one I shot a couple of years ago, in the sandhills of nebraska.
This year I'm going to try a couple of w/e with my bow. Not much cover, of course, but spring and summer rains have been abundant this year.
Should be plenty of tall grass and other plains plants for some cover. Also population should be thriving.

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
He is the biggest I have shot yet, not real tall but heavy and wide. Old buck also. Spotted him at 500 yds. played the wind and the hills to get a 40 yd. shot!! He never even woke from his afternoon snooze. Lots of big bucks in that area, uncle's and dad all have wall hangers, I just find the big ones. Always ended the trip with a nice 5x5 whitetail, 2-3 yrs. in a row. Finally got this one on 4th yr. of our annual trip. Even the cousin got one first yr.
Was a good hunt though made it worth it. This year I'm going bigger.

·
Registered
462 Posts
steve hilliard said:
Don, I told you were to look :) If your going this year get with me I have seen a 6X6 non-Typ. there.

Keep your eye on that boy, he is a shooter for sure :thumbs_up
Steve, unfortunately, I probably won't make it this year. New job, no vacation - spending time-off unpaid hunting cow elk in unit 5A. Better chance with elk; more meat, too :smile: Week before elk season, I'm going turkey hunting in the same area. Buying a Cabelas hub-style blind for both. Never hunted turkeys, but am getting psyched practicing calling. What's your hunt plans this year?
Don

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.