Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If a guy has a Monster with the old cams (shallow grooves) what are the chances of the string derailing as in should the cams be swapped or is it actually ok?

·
SuperToon'd
11,804 Posts
I wouldn't take the chance. I would have them replaced............:darkbeer:

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
I have let up countless times (some not even meaning to) and have never had it happen to me. Its not that easy to do as long as when your letting up you dont torque the grip dramatically. I have the shallow cams and i dont ever plan on switching them out. I hope that helps you out

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
if your the original owner don't worry about it I have had no problems here. If you bought the bow used it will cost ya to replace it.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
I didnt have a problem one time with mine,however i took mine to my dealer and voiced my concern,he got on the phone with mathews and had a new set with deeper grooves in 2 days.

·
One Shot
9,198 Posts
if your the original owner don't worry about it I have had no problems here. If you bought the bow used it will cost ya to replace it.
I didnt have a problem one time with mine,however i took mine to my dealer and voiced my concern,he got on the phone with mathews and had a new set with deeper grooves in 2 days.
That's interesting. So there's a recall that only applies if you were the original owner? Toyota should have thought of that, would have saved them millions.

·
HillsideCustomSlings, LLC
13,582 Posts
I have let up countless times (some not even meaning to) and have never had it happen to me. Its not that easy to do as long as when your letting up you dont torque the grip dramatically. I have the shallow cams and i dont ever plan on switching them out. I hope that helps you out
Yep same here.....don't overly torque your bow when you're letting it down and you'll be fine.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Awesome thanks guys I dont have much torque so I am not concerned... Any idea what a set of cams would run though?

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
That's interesting. So there's a recall that only applies if you were the original owner? Toyota should have thought of that, would have saved them millions.
How in the world do you come up with a RECALL. You must have a magic 8 BALL somewhere that gave you this information. I have NEVER seen a RECALL from Mathews posted officially anywhere in this world to get new cams due to a recall of the cams. How many of these bows have you sold and set up to know this. I have sold over 100 bows of this model and NOT ONCE has Mathews called and told us to RECALL these cams.
This type of hearsay of an official recal is garbage and is untrue. Please get your Magic 8 ball out and shake it 1 more time to see if it comes up with the correct answer.

As to your question, If the original buyer want's to get new cams the dealer can call and ask if it's possible. If the bow is second hand Mathews shouldn't pay a penny for you.

·
One Shot
9,198 Posts
How in the world do you come up with a RECALL. You must have a magic 8 BALL somewhere that gave you this information. I have NEVER seen a RECALL from Mathews posted officially anywhere in this world to get new cams due to a recall of the cams. How many of these bows have you sold and set up to know this. I have sold over 100 bows of this model and NOT ONCE has Mathews called and told us to RECALL these cams.
This type of hearsay of an official recal is garbage and is untrue. Please get your Magic 8 ball out and shake it 1 more time to see if it comes up with the correct answer.

As to your question, If the original buyer want's to get new cams the dealer can call and ask if it's possible. If the bow is second hand Mathews shouldn't pay a penny for you.
Here's a thought - try decaf. Then take a deep breath and show me where I said there was a "official recall". Then read the two posts I quoted and try a little reading comprehension. Then tell me why Mathews is giving away free cams.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Here's a thought - try decaf. Then take a deep breath and show me where I said there was a "official recall". Then read the two posts I quoted and try a little reading comprehension. Then tell me why Mathews is giving away free cams.
In post 6, you stated that there is a recall from Mathews. You are ASSUMEING there is one and make it clear, it's a public recall or you LIED. So you should read what you write or not post when you HAVE NO CLUE as to what your saying in public when it's not true. Mathews can replace cams for THIER/B] customers not second hand users, who have not bought new bows from them. Why should they, everyone knows the warranty when they buy used bows and just need to suck it up. This warranty applies to the majority of bow companies.
Done with the archery know it all as you know more than all others actually in the business.

·
One Shot
9,198 Posts
In post 6, you stated that there is a recall from Mathews. You are ASSUMEING there is one and make it clear, it's a public recall or you LIED. So you should read what you write or not post when you HAVE NO CLUE as to what your saying in public when it's not true. Mathews can replace cams for THIER/B] customers not second hand users, who have not bought new bows from them. Why should they, everyone knows the warranty when they buy used bows and just need to suck it up. This warranty applies to the majority of bow companies.
Done with the archery know it all as you know more than all others actually in the business.

No, actually I stated no such thing. That's why I suggested you try a little reading comprehension. Here's my earlier post for your enjoyment yet again:

You will note the red ?. Those of us who passed elementary grammar recognize this as a QUESTION MARK. We commonly use it to denote the interrogative form of a sentence. As in "Are you always this much of a jackhole?"

Your elevated position in the business world surely makes you aware of 'silent recalls'. All I was doing was questioning the existence of one while making a backhanded slap at Toyota. Are you now offended on behalf of Toyota? (That's a rhetorical question. You can google that word.)

You can stand down now sir, Mathews is no longer under unwarranted attack.

·
Registered
3,132 Posts
No, actually I stated no such thing. That's why I suggested you try a little reading comprehension. Here's my earlier post for your enjoyment yet again:

You will note the red ?. Those of us who passed elementary grammar recognize this as a QUESTION MARK. We commonly use it to denote the interrogative form of a sentence. As in "Are you always this much of a jackhole?"

Your elevated position in the business world surely makes you aware of 'silent recalls'. All I was doing was questioning the existence of one while making a backhanded slap at Toyota. Are you now offended on behalf of Toyota? (That's a rhetorical question. You can google that word.)

You can stand down now sir, Mathews is no longer under unwarranted attack.
Machxking- he called you a jackhole. :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
I now have three of them with the old cams and hundreds of shots later, absolutely no problems. I was worried until I started shooting them alot, but I have drawn them with fingers, let them down, shot after shot and no issue whatsoever on any of them. I actually prefer them to the deep groove cams as when I saw how deep the new ones are it is pretty ******ed. You would have to get pretty stupid with the bow to get it to derail. I had an apex 7 derail once and all I was doing was putting in new rubber dampers in the string suppresors. My wife shoots hers same thing no problems, my brothers too.

·
Banned
1,351 Posts
Yep same here.....don't overly torque your bow when you're letting it down and you'll be fine.
but seriously, a bow that requires a baby let down so it won't derail=FAIL. :thumbs_do

i'd say, change out the cams..

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Machxking- he called you a jackhole. :ROFLMAO:
I'm with you hahahaha, its nice to know I'm not the only one who hates all the politically correct panty wearin winers who feel the need to right every wrong and make sure their favorite bow company doesn't get discriminated against. Save it for your work on the Obama campaign.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
I guess I am with sky night on this one. They realize that there is a problem and they redesign it. Same with the string suppressors on the z7, if they change it because they are all breaking ,then they should recall it and get then swapped out. I don't own mathews so I really don't care but it seems logical to me.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Ethics?

Read the warrantee and it willsay covers manufactures DEFECTS - this would be a manufctures defect as Mathews knows and had knowledge of the failure because they corrected it. No way to get off the hook so get them replaced for free before you sell the bow.:angry::darkbeer:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts