Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a diagram of what the cams on a monster should look like when the bow is in time, my bow will not shoot an arrow straight to save my life the rest is a ripcord 11/16 off the riser, arrows are 26 1/2 inches long 80gr tips total weight 290 the bow is set at 28/50 im not happy at all with it! Ive tried longer,heavier, different fletchings, every arrow i can think of.

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
this is a Reezen cam, but its the same for the Monster. The CABLE should bisect teh "TIMING HOLE" in the cam in the center.

·
Registered
3,506 Posts
this is a Reezen cam, but its the same for the Monster. The CABLE should bisect teh "TIMING HOLE" in the cam in the center.
Take a straight edge and run it from one cam to the other and make sure all four of the small holes line up. If they do, you have perfect cam synchronization/timing. If not, get it tuned.

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
Take a straight edge and run it from one cam to the other and make sure all four of the small holes line up. If they do, you have perfect cam synchronization/timing. If not, get it tuned.
Ive heard the "small holes" are NOT TIMING HOLES and are only on these cams so that they could be held in place from them while the machining was done on them. I know Mathews suggests using the Larger Timing Hole centering the cable in it.

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
Sounds like centershot could be off OR the rest is not dropping fast enough. Ripcords are not a very fast drop away.

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
Yes you do use the large timing hole on the monster, xlr8, and reezen cams

·
Registered
3,506 Posts
I just checked them over. On the Monster 6" when the cables are perfectly centered in the timing holes, the small holes are indeed way out of line. They angle sharply inward towards the riser. On my XLR8 however, the small holes are posistioned differently on the cam, and parallel the string like a normal Mathews.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts