Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a monster 6 I am shooting a gold tip 7095 at 28" with 100 gr rage BH I am pulling 70 lbs with a 29" draw, with a whisker biscuit. All this is going 298 fps. I have read some other posts and people are backing down the draw weight and getting faster speeds I was wondering if this is true? How else can I get the bow up to 315 or so. All help would be great.

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
Thought i would help ya out and try to get a moderator to put this under the correct forum so u could get some answers.

·
State With Little Bucks
12,100 Posts
I have a monster 6 I am shooting a gold tip 7095 at 28" with 100 gr rage BH I am pulling 70 lbs with a 29" draw, with a whisker biscuit. All this is going 298 fps. I have read some other posts and people are backing down the draw weight and getting faster speeds I was wondering if this is true? How else can I get the bow up to 315 or so. All help would be great.
I'm shooting a 27.5" 75-95 386grs. at 64lbs 28" DL getting 301fps.
Seams to me your chronograph isn't reading right..
I would say You should be in the 310-315 range.

·
Registered
3,624 Posts
First thing would be to go to a drop away rest. Whisker biscuits kill you 10-20 fps right there. Theyre a good hunting rig but if its peed you want then u gotta do away with it.

·
Registered
3,624 Posts
I'm shooting a 27.5" 75-95 386grs. at 64lbs 28" DL getting 301fps.
Seams to me your chronograph isn't reading right..
I would say You should be in the 310-315 range.
Youre prob not shooting a WB they really kill the speed. They are however, an excellent hunting rig. Your arrows not gonna go anywhere. If youre using your monster for hunting and your shooting good as is leave it alone dude. You dont need anymore speed. Accuracy kills, speed just makes you miss faster or the arrow pass thru faster.

·
Registered
566 Posts
First thing would be to go to a drop away rest. Whisker biscuits kill you 10-20 fps right there. Theyre a good hunting rig but if its peed you want then u gotta do away with it.
First time I have heard that it was that much of a speed loss...guess you learn something new every day.

·
Registered
3,624 Posts
I should mention it could have been my vanes. I wasnt shooting blazers. No matter what youll lose some speed with a WB though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts