Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Man, I had been in and out of the field for a good two weeks, shot at a couple nice bucks, but no luck. But, last night the about an hour of light left, I saw a buck bedded down about 120 yrds away. So I sat and waited, called a couple times and he started moving towards me. I was right on the game trail, so moved behind a big rock and waited for 20 min, didnt see him, looked up and he was on another trail about to go behind a hill, once he was out of sight I made a move for him, left my quiver were I was and took my bow with one arrow. I got to the top of the hill at full draw...he wasnt there. I glansed to the right and there he was, on top of another hill looking at me. I turned and put my 40 yrd pin on him (no range finder, yet), the arrow flew true, the buck turned broadside to run, but my Diamond Nitrous was to fast for him. The arrow hit right in front of his right shoulder and came out behind his left rib cage. He ran about 10 yards and fell. He was my first animal with a bow and I will remember him forever. There is nothing like that feeling in the world.

Attachments

·
A Man for All Seasons
2,713 Posts
cool speed goat

congrats to you renfrow! man you are hooked into bowhunting now.
great story and thanks for sharing.

·
Premium Member
5,479 Posts
Totally awesome! What a great trophy for your first bow kill. Congrats!:darkbeer:

·
Premium Member
10,326 Posts
One shot, One kill :thumb: Congrats to you

·
Banned
3,965 Posts
Congrats! Thats a fine first kill!

·
Registered
155 Posts
You are right, something you will never forget. Congrats. Good looking buddies helping you there. :darkbeer:

·
Registered
791 Posts
Great buck!! Congrats

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
CONGRATS! For speed goats I would get a range finder though.. They can be tough to judge on their distance!! Open country is hard to guess yardages!!

·
Registered
787 Posts
Man, that'll really kick the bowhunting fever into high gear. Great goat and good shootin!!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks for all the great comments. I was out hunting whitetail last night and had a 8 point (4X4) in my sights at 25 yrds, and then he just walked right by me, I could have reached out and touched it. It was the coolest thing. I didnt take him because I was hunting does and I am holding out for the mullies up here.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts