Archery Talk Forum banner

Montana speed goat

874 6
Antelope Pronghorn Trophy hunting Wildlife biologist Wildlife
Late August antelope of 08. Just wanted to tute my horn. It was an interesting day indeed. It all started out with an elk scouting trip with a buddy. On the way back in town we stoped by some land we could hunt to look for some goats. I missed a doe at 60 yards just about an hour before I shot this buck.. A heard of antelope were coming in to water when we saw them and I got set up. Although we didn't see any bucks in the group, I was going to take a doe. But the first goat that came over the hill was a small buck, so I got ready to harvest him, when this buck came over the hill right behind him. He was 58 yards ( I was laying in a depression, no ground blind). He busted me drawing my bow, and unfortunatly jumped the string so I hit him far back. But I did the right thing and watched him go lay down, and for the longest 2 hours of my life watched him die. He was out in the open so I could not sneak in for another shot. But it all turned out in the end. Its not the way I wanted it to, but I still made the right choice.. My biggest antelope to date. I have been pretty lucky, getting an antelope every year I have been bow hunting.. He green scored gross 66 1/8.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· BOW ONLY!
2,591 Posts
Congrats on a great buck.

· Registered
7,438 Posts
Congrats

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.