Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been shooting 100g field points and my Montec g5's (not pre-season). Lined up the broadheads with my vanes and used "O" rings. BIG difference with grouping........? Should there be a lot of difference or am I doing something wrong ?

·
Registered
2,453 Posts
new bow-hunter said:
Been shooting 100g field points and my Montec g5's (not pre-season). Lined up the broadheads with my vanes and used "O" rings. BIG difference with grouping........? Should there be a lot of difference or am I doing something wrong ?
Get rid of the "o" rings. It will create a wobble.
Lining up the vanes is not that important. They should fly fine just screwed in tight to the insert. Spin them to make sure they don't have a wobble.
I have been shooting them for years with great results on targets as well as deer.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Perfect alignment is critical with any broadhead. As JLH suggested, spin them and eliminate any that do not spin true.

Other component is bow tuning, plenty of help for getting field points and broadheads to fly same. Search that forum for additional help.

John

·
Registered
226 Posts
O-Rings

I used to use the o-rings, and found out they wobbled. I got rid of them and started to put a drop of loc-tite blue on the BH (be sure to only use a drop). Doing so eliminated any chance of the BH coming loose on accident, but still allows me to remove it when needed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts