Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
"Aim small,Miss small"
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Naturally with my broadhead addiction, I have gone through quite a few heads. After much debate I have narrowed it down to the montec cs and buzzcuts. My concerns are blade sharpness, particularly on the montec, I know first hand the buzzcut is one of the sharpest heads i've ever felt. My questions regarding the buzzcut are, does the large blade impede good arrow flight, and I have heard people say blood trails are questionable. Which one of these heads would you guys pick?

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
My go to head is the buzz cut, the only time I have had bad blood trails is when ive shot deer off the ground. the good news is they all fell in sight.

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
not even comparable imo...the buzzcut is top of the line

·
Registered
6,166 Posts
Buzzcut flight is #1 out of all fixed blades IMO and better than even some mechanicals. The only experience with a blood trail I have was spotty at best but as stated above it was from a ground blind, and ground blind shots and blood trails usually don't go together. Deer was dead within 70 yards and no worrying about mechanical failure. I have also shot alot of heads and the two that made it into my quiver are magnus and grave digger, thinking the digger will defiantly be my ground blind head though

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Buzz Cuts by far better IMHO and I shoot both . No problem with accuracy at longer ranges for me ( 90 yds in practice ) GT Velocity and Big Game shafts with 3" feathers .
The Montecs fly almost as good but are definitely a one shot BH requiring sharpening after every shot and very time consuming to sharpen to boot ! I have not tried the VPAs but plan to . I also shoot Snuffers and they fly great also and sharpen easier than Montecs .

·
Registered
656 Posts
IMO both should be in your quiver. anything under thirty shoot montec anything over shoot the two blade. poor blood trails can go either way. best part about two blades is you usually get a pass through. IMO getting a pass through with a 7/8 or 1" 2 blade head is better than an entry only hole with a 3 or 4 blade. on a side note I have yet to shoot any broadhead that held HUNTING sharpness after one shot into anything.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Don't be concerned with buzz cut flight. They will fly right where you want them to. Top quality broad head.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts