·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Come on out and have some fun with us this weekend :shade:

·
Registered
215 Posts
Must be going to rain...or something hope to see ya`ll Sunday.Someone needs to crank on Jimmy`s bow some.Boys been shooting mighty good.Oh yea you to 24.Hey did anyone tell treeman he could play?Bet he`s still shooting ole #9 arrow.

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
I heard we can blame Nathan for the long course we had at Montgomery today. Well, Nathan, I ain't blaming you for anything. Just giving you praise for another great range setup. But it WAS long. :D

The GPAA has moved to another level this year in range setups. Great job to them and Montgomery. Loved the range. And the targets. All ASA.

One thing about it. I shot a back tension release today for my first time ever through an entire 20 target course. And while I shot 22 down, I was anything but disappointed. They won't get any longer than that one, and I didn't miss any. :darkbeer:

Actually, I was pleasantly surprised how I shot it. More yardage misses than bad shots. I ain't looking back now. I have been needing to make that move for a long, long time. And it looks like the Stan MagMicro might just fit me. :smile:

·
Registered
546 Posts
Yeah, Nathan that was a super course today. I was using a new release today also. I had practiced a couple of days with it, and thought I had it down. The bow shot good and the release was awesome, but my yardage guesstimation really sucked, BAD!:angry1: Well, it looks like more practice is on the agenda. But it was a great course set-up. Just wished I could have shot better.:dontknow:
Tommy

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I would like to think everyone who came out this weekend and i would like to put out there a BIG MY BAD AND IAM SO SORRY on the water not being at the midway point it will not happen again glad that everyonre had fun and we look forward to seeing you again

·
Registered
380 Posts
I would like to think everyone who came out this weekend and i would like to put out there a BIG MY BAD AND IAM SO SORRY on the water not being at the midway point it will not happen again glad that everyonre had fun and we look forward to seeing you again
Yep, I wasn't even there, live 2.5 hours away, and I had already heard about the water issue before I went to bed last night. You gotta shape up Big Country...

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
thats ok about the water,great range,sorry about the damage i might of done to the trees.:eek2::eek2:

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Thanks to everyone that came out and shot the course on Sunday, sorry I wasn't there to field the complaints from the outlaw shooters. Mike was the only club officer there due to unforeseen circumstances, and he had a lot on his plate. He is not perfect I am not perfect YOU are not perfect. I have only one apology to make on behalf of MCAC and that is that there was not sufficient water and beverages on the course to combat the hot weather. We slipped up, our bad, only time that has happened this year, will not happen again. Again Mike had a lot on his plate that day. Enough said it's done, it's over!

As for the complaints I am not sorry and will not apologize for challenging YOU that shot the 50 yard class. It is a 50 yard class. If you don't want the challenge and have to shoot an up score then don't shoot that stake shoot the 40 or 30 yard classes. They seemed to not complain yesterday.

Thank you for coming thank you for the comments and suggestions are always welcome. Try not let the first thing out of your mouth be negative. We love archery we support every club and we want everyone who comes to our club to enjoy it also.

I set all the ranges because I shoot known yardage and do not allow my fellow club members to have any advantage over any guest!!! You have issues don't call Bob Morgan, do not call Ken Hinson or Carson Jones. Call me anytime 910-638-0787, or Mike Shore we are the club officers! Thank you for your time and support look forward to seeing you at the next shoot wherever it may be. God bless, good luck, and shoot straight.

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
As for the complaints, I am not sorry and will not apologize for challenging YOU that shot the 50 yard class. It is a 50 yard class. If you don't want the challenge and have to shoot an up score, then don't shoot that stake. Shoot the 40 or 30 yard classes. They seemed to not complain yesterday.
:thumbs_up:thumbs_up

You are dead on, Nathan. I don't know when it became a rule that you have to shoot 10 up for it to be a good range. We loved it and the challenge. Don't listen to everything you hear. Through the grapevine, I heard there were many complaints, and that's unfortunate. They are unwarranted. Gene Underwood shot 2 down (I watched it), so it wasn't too long for him, and he, as I, wouldn't exactly qualify as the GPAAs best shooters. Heck, he hasn't even been shooting Outlaw class. Now granted we may have got a break on the wind by shooting early.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
I heard we can blame Nathan for the long course we had at Montgomery today. Well, Nathan, I ain't blaming you for anything. Just giving you praise for another great range setup. But it WAS long. :D

The GPAA has moved to another level this year in range setups. Great job to them and Montgomery. Loved the range. And the targets. All ASA.

One thing about it. I shot a back tension release today for my first time ever through an entire 20 target course. And while I shot 22 down, I was anything but disappointed. They won't get any longer than that one, and I didn't miss any. :darkbeer:

Actually, I was pleasantly surprised how I shot it. More yardage misses than bad shots. I ain't looking back now. I have been needing to make that move for a long, long time. And it looks like the Stan MagMicro might just fit me. :smile:
I should have done this first, great to hear you are progressing and trying something new Darrel, that is great and good luck it will payoff in the end I am sure! Glad you liked the course and the direction the GPAA is heading this year. Thanks also for the comments in this post and the other one. Good luck on mastering the back-tension and hope to see you at a shoot soon wherever it may be.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Nathan, I enjoyed it. I'm no top 3 shooters in my class, and that's ok with me. I did want to shoot better yesterday, but I sucked big time. It'll just take some time to get used to this new release. BTW, I shot some this morning at my little range in the yard and noticed I sometime was punching the trigger. As far as the range, set-up was super, and I'm glad for one that it has grown up a little as far as folage, so the sun wasn't kicking your butt. I for one enjoyed the course. :darkbeer: And I hope my yardage estimation gets better by next weekend.:eek::laugh:
Tommy

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Thanks Tommy I can always count on you for an honest opinion and to be upbeat. Speaking of the foliage it really has grown up over the years to give that tunnel effect that does make it harder to judge and provides some much needed shade too.:teeth:

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Just wanted to let you guys that shot in the money classes and won some money the checks have gone out you should see them in a few days Thanks again for coming :teeth:

·
Registered
215 Posts
Man you mean 50 yard class had to shoot from really far(say 50 yrds) and didn`t shoot like 220 or something.Wish I could have been there but the work monster was calling.Nathan way to go.

I guess some don`t look forward to the challange.Just Remember all the hard work these clubs do for the rest of us to show up do what we like to do.Shoot our bows meet, folks and get away for a while.One thing I know because I know theses guys at MCAC they would not set a coarse on behalf of any member to gain an advantage if someone thought that maybe they don`t know the inside competition with in the club itself. Sorry for the ramble.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts