Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone ! I hear alot about moon phase. Could you tell me about it and how it relates to the bow season. Thank You

·
Registered
242 Posts
Game animals such as deer seem to be more nocturnal during the full moon phase. Best days to hunt are new moon phase . It seems to push the deer into the open at earlier times . I usually see deer an hour or two before sun down as on full moon phases they most of the time come out in the last half hour of daylight if your lucky:wink:

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
more moon

More moon, more late nite feeding, no moon or small moon the sooner they come out and later they stay out!!

·
Registered
190 Posts
November

I guess we'll all see what happens in early November! IMHO - if the weather holds up, the moon will have minimal effect on the rut. If we have another hot period again in early November - things will be tough.

·
Registered
518 Posts
There is a local guy who has killed over 300 deer with a bow and is a meticulus record keeper.In talking with him he has had more success on the first and last quarter.I also know he is a big believer in the principles behind the moon position theory ie the moon guide.My own findings are similar.

CB

1 - 6 of 6 Posts