Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
2,477 Posts
where were those moose taken?

· Registered
2,477 Posts
If I was to guess I would say Quebec Canada.......:tongue::wink:

Great job [email protected]! That Rage did a number on him. Is that a shiras moose?
lol....the reason I asked is because they almost look like Finnish Moose....but I'm probably wrong.

Either way, congrats!

· Registered
2,477 Posts
at least you're an honest cheat ;)

· Registered
606 Posts
Hey, you cant do that, have you not read how bad the rage is and how much KE you need for it to work. Hell, you would be lucky to kill a rabbit with one of those heads. I cant believe you went ahead and shot moose with a rage. I cant believe it!!:wink::wink:

Congrats on the moose, I hope to take one in NH with the bow and a rage if I ever get drawn.:darkbeer::darkbeer:

· Registered
1,649 Posts
Hey Jay, you actually got 2 "Mooses" in 2 years, the guys are playing with ya:tongue:

Last years was pretty nice too. Congrats once again on a nice bull! Its nice to see that the new crossbow regulations didn't hurt your hunting. Good luck with whitetails.

· Registered
19,079 Posts
Awesome!! I was wondering how the rage would do on large bodied big game. What type of penetration did you get? If you wouldnt mind could you list the equipment used? Curious to see draw weight, arrow, arrow weight, etc.

· Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Awesome!! I was wondering how the rage would do on large bodied big game. What type of penetration did you get? If you wouldnt mind could you list the equipment used? Curious to see draw weight, arrow, arrow weight, etc.
Last year, my arrow passed through my mooose at 30 meters. This year, at 20 meters, the penetration was pretty good... 3/4 of my arrow.

Two years in a row with the same setup :

Hoyt Lazertec
Fuse drop away rest
Fuse 10" stab
Fuse Satori Quiver
Trophy Ridge Micro Matrix
Draw weight : 52
Arrow : Maxima Hunter 250
Broadhead : Rage 2-blade 2"

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.