·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As in an earlier post I have the following:
2004 Bowtech Pro 40 - w/ Freedom cams
Draw Length is 29.5
Draw Weight 70

I went back to the drawing board and went to Bowtechs website and got all the specs. I put the bow in the press and twisted my strings and cable to the exact length (they were a hair long) I have a #4 module which is for 29" I realize that it is 1/2" too short but I will order the 3.5 module tomorrow. So just for giggles I tried to set it up for a 29" draw. I set the draw post at 8.2 just as the specs say for 29" @ 80% let-off. However, once I did all of this the draw length worked out to be a little less than 27" and the let-off is about 35%. The ATA is 38" and the specs say it should be 37 1/2" The brace height is within 1/8" and the tuning gap is a hair off. What am I doing wrong?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Now I have twisted the fire out of my cable and got the tuning gap correct. I made sure that the tiller is equal but the ATA is Still 37 13/16 instead of 37 1/2", the draw length went to exactly 27" (it should be 29") the draw weight changed to 74# and the let-off is still around 35%-36%. Man! I have been working on bows for a long time, never had one stump me like this.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
anyone...anyone...buehler...buehler

Come on Bowtech mechanics

·
Registered
287 Posts
Get ahold of Bowtech directly I would say as it seems you got plenty of measuring ability but are missing some simple key point specific to that bow. I would almost just say that the manufacture was just kidding you with an idea of being able to shoot all them different draw lengths, poundages, and letoffs while keeping all the ATA, brace, and string lengths within their tollerances but I don't know about new stuff and what design can acomplish. It just seems yer missing something simple if it is that whacked out backward on the poundage and letoff with correct cam, posts, etc....

..good luck, wish I coulda helped.

(edit) want me to take that off your hands real cheap? you know, just for hunting season,, jk :)

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
It sounds like you have the draw post in the wrong place
can you take a picture of it.
The picture in the book is not very helpful. I think it shows setting 1 is longest (toward the bottome of the cam) But actually, I think I had to count that as 0. If you originally counted it as one, that you explain you setting it too far out. BUt if you are using an F4 module, you must have the draw post set too short for it to be 27". It doesn't take much to make a big difference. I have an F4 on mine, and I think I have it set to about 29". I can email you a picture of my draw post setting.

Your ATA is off a good bit, you are probably torquing the limbs some. I think you have to twist one of the yokes to get the ATA more even.

Are you sure your string and cable are the correct length?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Lengths, Posts, ATA

I have double and triple checked the sting and cable lengths, I started the draw stop at 8.2 as per the specs and went as long as I could before it hit the axle, still 27". I have no wheel lean at all, checked w/ lazer. I don't know what to do.

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
it should have some cam lean.
they shoot better like that.

if you are drawing 2" short of what it reads on the chart, and only getting 36% let off, the draw post has to be in the wrong place. Are you sure it is an "F" module?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yep

somthing is bad screwed up

1 - 8 of 8 Posts