Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
621 Posts
Nfaa

I would say the NFAA in the more impressive title for an american non pro archer. There wont be alot of the top amatuers going to Australia due to cost and time factors. That said I plan on being at both, so watch out.
jon

·
Registered
13,174 Posts
Redding Trail Shoot, hahahaha.

I know which one is less expensive to go to.

But I know which one would be the super neatest to attend...

None of the above for me. Save pennies and dollars for an elk hunt in Idaho, and the mule deer hunt in Wyoming...on the same trip.

And there's the wife and I's annual jaunt on the cruise...Panama in February...that comes FIRST ahead of all that playing noise. Tommy has to try to stay out of the dog house once in a while...

field14

·
Registered
16,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
KCJON said:
I would say the NFAA in the more impressive title for an american non pro archer. There wont be alot of the top amatuers going to Australia due to cost and time factors. That said I plan on being at both, so watch out.
jon

Thanx for the input Jon. Here is my concern. I'm really afraid that Cuz will throw an absolute tantrum if I attend and whip him, therefore I'm leaning a little more toward the World Field.

Perhaps I should just start a poll. :star:

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
SPECTRE said:
Thanx for the input Jon. Here is my concern. I'm really afraid that Cuz will throw an absolute tantrum if I attend and whip him, therefore I'm leaning a little more toward the World Field.

Perhaps I should just start a poll. :star:
I believe you will have the chance to beat Cousin Dave at either venue :wink:

So pick your poison!

·
Registered
8,652 Posts
NFAA Outdoor Nationals

If you can't afford to contest the world tour (which is EXTREMELY expensive for Americans). The NFAA has a lot more clout with American Field shooters.
I would love to go to the one in Aussie land but I can go to Yankton and Pittsburg for less than one trip down under.
Just my take on it.
Jbird

·
Registered
621 Posts
wfaa

all of us who are interested in going down under should perhaps try to plan some of the trip together to save some pennies or at least have a travel companion. I am probably going alone so i would love some company.
jon
I will probably throw a hissy if you whip me too :wink:

·
Archery Coach
23,297 Posts
`I got a better Idea Monte-go to Washington and WIN the World Field Trials and you will basically get a funded trip to the FITA world championships.

that would be the ultimate :p

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Jim C said:
`I got a better Idea Monte-go to Washington and WIN the World Field Trials and you will basically get a funded trip to the FITA world championships.

But Monte would have to buy clothes to meet the dress code.... :mg:

·
Registered
16,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Jim C said:

Why yes........ it would be the ultimate. Anybody a fan of that Xtreme Arena Football league? I could have "He Hate Me" embroidered on the back of my shooting shirt. :teeth:

I've been to the Land Down Under before for the world lacrosse championships several years ago, and loved it. Trying to scrape some pennies together to pull this one off. Those of you who know me know that I could really care less about the title (or beating Dave or Jon) but the trip and atmosphere would really be a blast. Plus, I'd get to B**** slap the Silver Dingo in person again........... and few things in life are better than that. :angel:

Stodrette......... how are you healing up? Your name could be added to the above list....... once you're healthy. :star:

·
Registered
621 Posts
spectre

Hey bud, what can we expect in australia. I've always wanted to go there some time and this seems like the best chance i will get. Also an excuse to go. I may have to cut down on some other tourneys but i hope it will be worth it.
Just funning ya with the hissy shot.
jon

·
Registered
16,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
KCJON said:
Hey bud, what can we expect in australia. I've always wanted to go there some time and this seems like the best chance i will get. Also an excuse to go. I may have to cut down on some other tourneys but i hope it will be worth it.
Just funning ya with the hissy shot.
jon

Here's what you're gonna see......

1. Locksmiths who head butt doors down.

2. REALLY big pocket knives.

3. More excuses than you can throw a boomerang at coming from some louse named "Silver Dingo" when I whip his arse (keep in mind that in all my years of shooting I've only shot 2 field rounds, but he's easy pickins.......)

The weather will probably be in the upper 60's, probably breezy. Their winter is about like our winter in south Florida so I'm told. When I was there it was during their spring and it was very hot (but we were playing lacrosse so it was hot anyway).

If you need specifics, PM the Dingo and I'm sure he'll be happy to fill you in. He really is a great guy (unlike his charming personality here on AT). He's about as close to "hillbilly" as an Aussie can get. :thumbs_up

Always treated me like family (still not sure if that's good or bad :wink: )

·
Registered
4,883 Posts
KCJon:

I plan on going to Aussieland next year. Perhaps we can get together. I am working on a package deal right now that will probably save money. It is around $2500 from LA for everything I believe. I get free flights but will try to use the package deal for everything else.

Let me know if you are interested.

Roger

·
Registered
380 Posts
world field

I will be going for sure, just over the ditch as we kiwi/aussies like to say. I hope that a few from AT turn up, it would be great to sit down have a beer with you guys and girls. :beer: :teeth:

·
Registered
12,739 Posts
rsw said:
KCJon:

I plan on going to Aussieland next year. Perhaps we can get together. I am working on a package deal right now that will probably save money. It is around $2500 from LA for everything I believe. I get free flights but will try to use the package deal for everything else.

Let me know if you are interested.

Roger
We will invite you guys to one of our barbecues RSW and KCJon. :D You will have fun. :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts