Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What will be the difference between a d-50 string and a fast flight string on my martin savanah? I assume it is fast flight capable. Also, is there a difference with limb design on bows for shooting split finger or three under? Sorry about all the questions but new to this part of archery.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Your Savanah will have no problem with a high performance string, and you will probably like the shooting characteristics better as well.

Split vs. 3 under is a minor tillering adjustment, your Savanah is tillered for split unless you special ordered it. It is of minor consequence anyway, to shoot it 3 under you will likely have to raise the nock point a bit, and that's it!:)

·
Registered
364 Posts
If you bought it new, chances are it came with a FF style string, mine came with an ultra cam string. I like the D-97 strings, especially on the Savannah, as they're quiet and fast, but that's my perception. A b-50 string will have a little more stretch, and probably shoot a couple of fps slower, but it's a long time standard that's safe for most any bow.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts