Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
3,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a new Carbon Element RKT....they have been around for a while now, I am sure lots of you have played with them
Any tips on getting more SPEED......string changes...weight placement or any other thing that will pick up a few feet/sec
Thanks Doug

·
Registered
10,111 Posts
Lighter arrowed
Longer draw length
Less stuff on your string
More poundage.
That bow was never designed as a speed will bow.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,662 Posts
Buy the vector turbo

·
Registered
3,484 Posts
Not gonna be able to do anything to make a noticeable diff besides lighter arrows and higher lbs...tweaking it will maybe get you a couple fps, but unless u shoot thru a chrono ull never know the diff

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
8190 strings and e-buttons. You need a chrono to play with the e-button location on the string. All of this might get you 8fps.

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
victory vforce hv arrows will help
I just made up a dozen of these arrows to regain some lost velocity after changing out the 60lb limbs on my bow to 50lb limbs. The reduction in total arrow weight (shaft/insert/nock/vanes) helped considerably to recover the lost speed.

·
AIM SMALL-MISS SMALL!!
5,277 Posts

·
Registered
4,336 Posts
arrows are flatline 400 scaled at 300gr
60lbs
Chrono 25 shots 316.6-318.8fps
I only get 10 fps more out this combo in my Katera. You are fine. In fact, you probably be better with a heavier arrow in the upper 290's.

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
I was only getting 309fps with last years carbon element at 71 lbs 29dl 350gr arrow.atlest your bow has a smooth draw.any bow under 7" bh should be a speed bow .One of my best friend has an 08 DS xforce thats getting 332fps with a 7" bh and a smoother draw than the 2011 cb

1 - 20 of 33 Posts