Votes: 69 49.3%
  • Evening

Votes: 71 50.7%
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just scrolled through seven pages of arguing about the ideal time to kill a mature buck. I'm not going to cliff note it, if you want to read it http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=2330015

I want you to vote on the poll not your preferance, rather when you've had the most luck. If you are evening bias, but killed more mature deer in the morning, vote morning.

SO LETS SEE IT.

·
Registered
733 Posts
I have killed a majority of the doe i have harvested in the mornings. However every buck i have shot in the last 10 years had been in the evenings so i guess i will vote mornings since i have taken more doe than buck.

·
Bowhunter
6,440 Posts
Mornings. But I have never take a buck even close to P&Y so maybe that's why.

·
XX78 User
4,974 Posts
Evening. No comparison.

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
The more I thought about this my biggest bucks have come between 11am-3pm I don't see nearly as many bucks mid day but the ones I do in the rut are often good ones.

·
Registered
5,608 Posts
Shot my biggest a 160 class in the morning and a few 130's mornings, one in the evening. All my nice ones in November.

·
Registered
11,688 Posts
Both and I have done well at midday .

·
Registered
2,511 Posts
I have killed more bucks over 130 in the mornings but its like 70/30. Nothing about big bucks is written in stone. Hunt smart and hunt when you can.

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Depends on the situation, time of year, stand location, weather, really just too many variables to really favor one over the other. Do your homework and see what time best suits you. People have done well in mornings as well as in the evenings an even midday.

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
Evening now but come the rut I prefer mornings.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Depends on the situation, time of year, stand location, weather, really just too many variables to really favor one over the other. Do your homework and see what time best suits you. People have done well in mornings as well as in the evenings an even midday.
I'm not asking for advice, I enjoy mornings better. After seeing an argument on another thread, I'm just finding a resolution.

·
The Impartial Archer
20,185 Posts
I'm not asking for advice, I enjoy mornings better. After seeing an argument on another thread, I'm just finding a resolution.
Well.....you still shouldn't ignore the facts.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
I have 9 mature bucks hanging on my wall right here by me and 5 shot in the AM and 4 in the PM...I like what darkvador said.....hunt smart and hunt when you can.....it can happen at ANY time!!!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts