Votes: 30 93.8%
  • Truglo Trustop Target

Votes: 2 6.3%
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a new target tomorrow fast, these two are the one I zeroed in on. I want to be able to shoot both fp and bh. Which one worth the $$$ and will last longer. I know the Yellow Jacket has more shooting surface, but can you still shoot fp with it?

Opinions will be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
4,958 Posts
Kai,i have both targets.The yellow jacket is for broadheads only,but you can shoot fieldpoints if you use arrow lube on your arrow.If you dont use the arrow lube,fieldpoints are almost impossible to remove.The truglo is a great target,but broadheads really eat it up.

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
yellow jacket

I've going on the second year with my yellow jacket!!! FP will be a tough pull, but will pull out!! meant for BH...

·
Registered
11 Posts
whatever you do - stay away from the Black Hole

It is expensive and fine for fp but my broadheads are eating the thing alive - disappointed for the $$.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys, that helps a lot.

I don't want to hijack my own thread but if one's designed for the other, then which target out there(under $80) would be best for both world?

sorry guys, I really need a quality target bad.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I have he Morrels six shooter and it has held up well to both fieldtips and broadheads.
Fts can be a little tough to pull out.
It has held up well to the broadheads. I shoot broadheads around hunting time, not year round. It is pretty bis, so it may be hard to get in and out of a small vehicle.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Yellow Jacket has great stopping power and is good for broadheads. But terrible for field points, because they are way too hard to pull.

Rinehart is awesome for both broadheads and field points. I have not used Truglo.

·
Registered
727 Posts
I practice only with broadheads (G5 Montec)

and the Yellow Hammer stops them cold. However, arrow removal is not the easiest in the world. Matter of fact, I have several 'heads and inserts lodged in the target.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Alpha - I had the Yellow Jacket last year and it was a pretty good target, although it can be tough to get broadheads out of it from time to time. I wouldn't even try to shoot a four blade broadhead into it; you'd either really tear the target up getting the head out or lose it in the target in my experience. I bought a TruGlo this year, although I don't know whether it's the same model you refered to. Broadheads do a number on it pretty quickly and I would suggest you not use it on a regular basis for that purpose. It holds up well to field tips, but until it gets shot up you better have three arms to pull your arrows out with. I have to tip mine on the side and put a foot on it to get field points out. Even areas that have taken a number of shots can be tough to get an arrow out of.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
I just purchased a Morrel six shooter. So far seems pretty nice. Very hard to pull out the first few arrows though.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts