Archery Talk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 17" second generation Morrison metal ILF riser that has been dipped in Next G2 camo. There are two plunger holes so you have the choice of using an elevated rest or shooting off the shelf with a plunger. The shelf itself is ramped such that it peaks directly below the plunger hole. There is no grip on the bow and I wouldn't add one, the riser fits my hand perfectly. If you must have a grip I think Jaeger and others make compatible grips. This riser was manufactured for a short draw archer (defined as less than 26" draw length). The short draw risers have different limb pocket geometry that increases preload so that limb efficiency is maximized for a short draw length. According to Bob Morrison it really makes a difference. There are a few issues with the finish, but they blend well. The riser is drilled and tapped for sights/quiver (standard AMO threads) and has a stabilizer bushing in the front. There are set screws in two places in the limb pockets. The most outboard set control the lateral alignment of the ILF bushing. The inboard set screw helps keep your limb bolt from moving. All in all this riser is bulletproof and provides the extreme flexibility of the ILF system. Limbs can be purchased for less than $100 or up to several hundred dollars.

I am asking $225 TYD tracking/insured for this riser.

The third picture down shows the bow's serial number, the length 17", the generation (Gen 2) and the short draw specification (Max 26).

Shelfside.jpg

Other.jpg

Specs.jpg

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
I have the 19" version of this riser, it is awesome! GREAT balance. Add a Tradtech Titan grip to it and you're money.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I should add that the reason for the sale is that I recently purchased this riser without checking to see if it was a short draw. My draw is longer than 26", so it is for sale.

Also, I would trade for another ILF riser.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Price drop on the riser, let's call it $200 even. I also have a set of TT longbow limbs rated at 50 lbs that I could sell (+$125) or trade with the riser.

Riser only $200
Riser + limbs $325

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.