Archery Talk Forum banner

best arrow for my setup

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
which one is the most accurate for a 52-55lbs omen with a 26.5 inch draw with the arrows cut to 24 inches and x2 vanes and 75 grain field tips.

·
Registered
594 Posts
i like carbon express maxima hunter arrows.

hugley over priced but i got them for $80 a dozen.

they have forward weight thing and seem to give me better groups.

dont think arrows have as much of a factor in accuracy compared to things like release and form, but thats just my .02

·
Registered
8,069 Posts
i dont see the easton axis on the poll. is it not an accurate arrow?

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
if you go look at the pse radial X weave chart you should be shooting the pro 200,i think with that bow a pro 100 will be a little under spined.
but i don't think you will find any better flying arrow or tougher,i haven't i shoot the pro 300's on my set up,i was shooting a little higher poundage and turned mine down to 62#

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
if you go look at the pse radial X weave chart you should be shooting the pro 200,i think with that bow a pro 100 will be a little under spined.
but i don't think you will find any better flying arrow or tougher,i haven't i shoot the pro 300's on my set up,i was shooting a little higher poundage and turned mine down to 62#
the chart says that even at 25 inches i would be fine, and my rep has recomended these to me, and he has shot the 100s out of his 70lbs omen and they worked fine but were too light for him. he says that the way the limbs bend back that the x-force favor a lighter spined arrow. i was looking for an accuracy thread not a spine thread.

·
Registered
24,901 Posts
the chart says that even at 25 inches i would be fine, and my rep has recomended these to me, and he has shot the 100s out of his 70lbs omen and they worked fine but were too light for him. he says that the way the limbs bend back that the x-force favor a lighter spined arrow. i was looking for an accuracy thread not a spine thread.
he just wants you to be safe.:)

i like victory arrows. i use v force though. very accurate. i love them

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
easton a/c/c has probly won more competitions than any other arrow over the past few years... it is simply one of the best arrows made

·
Registered
6,718 Posts
He's using 75 grain tips. The chart is based on 125 grain tips. I use Pro 100's with 85 grain tips on my 60 lb target bow, and they grouped better than 100's with 100 grain tips, or 200's with either 85 or 100 grain tips... So that's what I went with!

I think they're a fine arrow. I think there are many fine arrows. I wouldn't worry about it too much. If you get a well matched spine, and good tolerances, the rest is up to you.

If I had plenty of money, I would like to try some Victory Nanos. But I've got what I got, and they seem to work well.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts