Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i want to get away from the brand ive been shooting and im not one to trade up every year. What i want is a solid,dependable bow that will last from a company with good customer service. Oh yeah and it has to shoot a 400 grain arrow atleast 280 to 290 fps. Any ideas?

·
SMOKE-N-FINN
1,228 Posts
Get an Elite, best CS and Warranty in the Business, Quality in every aspect, just hold one in your hand and you will see, oh ya super smooth, rock solid wall, and best finish I have seen on any bow. You can get a good deal on one in the classifides Warranty is 100% transferable for life

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Hoyt Alpha Max our a Mathews Switchback.

·
Registered
26 Posts
They are all pretty good now days, just shot them and pick what u like.

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
My Carbon Element fits the bill, but so does my CRX-32 and it's cheaper. See signature for performance.

·
Registered
14 Posts
The Bowtech line thas several bows that should fit the bill. There are several bows that are great quality and be able to attain you goals. My suggestion would be to go to several pro shops and shot several different bows and pick the one that feels and shots the best.
I recently purchased a new bow and ended up buying a completely different bow than I ever dreamed I would buy because it just fit me and shot great with a smooth draw cycle. Good luck and don't rush into buying take your time and you'll be happy with your selection.
I will say one thing though, the gentleman that recommened the Elite is correct they're a great bow but a little more expensive than my budget allowed. Good hunting.

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
Uhmmmm, Ill give you a clue
l
l
l
l
l
V

·
Registered
4,826 Posts
would have to say Hoyt or Elite... have had 13 bows from 09 model to 2011 models and kept my Z and bought and kept an Alphamax 32.... both are the best bows i have ever shot...

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Elite, transferable warrenty and I own 10 and never had a single problem.

·
Registered
11,657 Posts
I would find a 07-08 xforce hf6 or dreamseason.best bow ever made.

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
Shot Hoyt's for years. Owned at least 6 that I can remember. Never mind the warranty. You will likely never need it. I never did. With that said, I have a K&K Vengeance now. Looks to be as good as any bow I've ever owned. Can buy a warranty for $50 on a use K&K bow too. Can't wait to see Kevin's 2012 speed bow.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Just purchased an Elite and those guys have an outstanding warranty and make some pretty sweet rigs. But I bought it over similar bows from other manufacturers because of how it shot for me. Nowadays, the performance differences between manufacturers is getting smaller and smaller... try them out and go with the one that fits the best for you.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
High country, Elite, K&K, bowtech, hoyt, darton, mathews....take your pick man they all have outstanding bows. trust me i've shot em all:wink:

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
My X-Force Vendetta XS throws 417 grns at 285 fps at 64 lbs. Very smooth and more bow than I will ever use. If you are a fan of longer axle bows they make a Vendetta XL version also.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts