Archery Talk Forum banner

Most Durable Arrows

1278 Views 13 Replies 11 Participants Last post by  davejohnson2
Hello All,

I'm trying to find out what the toughest, most durable arrows are. Something that can be shot over and over again into not so arrow-friendly substances and survive to be reused. Aluminum arrows get bent and don't fly straight anymore, fiberglass arrows explode, and wooden arrows splinter. I have been out of archery for a while and need to find out what technology changes have been made in arrows.

Thanks!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
4,458 Posts
Just an afterthought - what kinds of broadheads and other tips hold up the best. Thanks again!
I have heard good things about Muzzys and a lot of people seem to be liking the Slick Tricks. But I'm a mechanical guy myself. Good luck and glad you are getting back into archery.

· Registered
238 Posts
Psonally I have had great luck with the fatboy arrows made by easton. I had had a few go past the targests and touch off trees, rocks,ect and still in good shape. I use a 400 size. Good luck.

· Registered
4,056 Posts
Tough , reliable, very accurate! one word GOLD TIP!

· Registered
6,045 Posts
I'm still using the same carbon arrows that I bought with my first bow in 2001 and I only broke one in a wrought iron chair accident (don't ask). I've put them through saplings, bounced them off rocks and buried them in the ground, they keep on going. I'm curious what your shooting at, tanks or something?

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Tough Arrows

I'm still using the same carbon arrows that I bought with my first bow in 2001 and I only broke one in a wrought iron chair accident (don't ask). I've put them through saplings, bounced them off rocks and buried them in the ground, they keep on going. I'm curious what your shooting at, tanks or something?

I just want to get a few arrows that will last me a long time - not pay alot of money for arrows that are only good for a few shots. If I miss a target I'd like to think the arrow won't be useless afterwards

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.