Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
4,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All right, thanks to some much appreciated feedback from many of my AT brethren I recently had my Realtree Outfitter Series Viper Ultra Treestand show up to my door step. My question is, what do I need to add to make my setup complete? This package already comes with foot rest, stirrups and bow hanger. Give me some ideas guys

·
Banned
3,965 Posts
A extra quiver bracket.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I have the side gear bags and love them. I put the stuff I'd normal carry in my pack in them. Eliminates the need to carry an additional item.

·
Registered
15,176 Posts
I cut the large pocket off of an old fanny pack I had and zip tied it to the top section of my Openshot. I use it for my grunt..can...snacks. Keeps stuff handy and far less movement! Plus the Summit pockets are $$$$$$$!! :mg:

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
.. This package already comes with foot rest, stirrups and bow hanger. Give me some ideas guys
Hope I don't souond too off base here but is your climber steel or aluminum? And how much more weight do you want to carry around? My point is, what else do you think you need? Gear bags on the side are nice though for holding jazz.

·
Registered
4,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hope I don't souond too off base here but is your climber steel or aluminum? And how much more weight do you want to carry around? My point is, what else do you think you need? Gear bags on the side are nice though for holding jazz.
It's aluminum and supposed to be 21 lbs (probably more though). Not a big deal really. I'm 6'3 and 230 lbs of pure steel and sex appeal. The weight isnt a huge issue. plus, most of these add ons are relatively light

·
Registered
4,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
BTW guys, cabelas has a special on these for 229 right now. they are normally 279 (viper without all the extras added). I have a coupon if anyone is interested.

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
I have a 26 ft. retractable dog leash on mine, reels up on its own as I pull my bow up, doubles as a scent drag while going to my stand (the weight of the clasp keeps the drag on the ground), triples as a string to hang a scent bomb from while I am in my stand, you can pull as much rope as you want out and lock it there at any length, priceless!:darkbeer:

·
Registered
4,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I have the same stand and put a bow holder on the side of the rail. Where do you guys mount your quiver bracket?
did you have to drill into the stand to do this?

·
Registered
4,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I have a 26 ft. retractable dog leash on mine, reels up on its own as I pull my bow up, doubles as a scent drag while going to my stand (the weight of the clasp keeps the drag on the ground), triples as a string to hang a scent bomb from while I am in my stand, you can pull as much rope as you want out and lock it there at any length, priceless!:darkbeer:
wow, great idea!!!

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
229 before or after coupon?

·
Registered
4,010 Posts
I put an extra quiver on mine; you have to put 2 holes on the side of it. Also, I tied on a 20ft rope as my haul line. And recently I`m looking for a clamp on bow holder since it places your bow in a better position to grab it.

David
Posted via Mobile Device

1 - 20 of 28 Posts