Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are bowtechs really the most tunable bows?

I have been told this and would assume that it is because of the yoke system on both limbs/ cams. I am just starting to toy with my own tuning so I would really appreciate it if someone could break it down for me as to why the bowtech system is most tunable if indeed so.

Thanks.

·
Registered
51,092 Posts
Are they the easiest to tune????? IMHO no different than tuning any other bow out there. Most of the time tuning problems happen from over thinking things.

·
Registered
8,837 Posts
there's really no such thing as a "most tuneable bow". they all have essentially the same elementary function and those functions all have to do essentially the same thing, in the same way to produce good arrow flight. there are no "secrets" about their manufacture any more......all the essential features that make a bow shoot well are there, and about the same, in every bow made.

·
Registered
7,056 Posts
there's really no such thing as a "most tuneable bow". they all have essentially the same elementary function and those functions all have to do essentially the same thing, in the same way to produce good arrow flight. there are no "secrets" about their manufacture any more......all the essential features that make a bow shoot well are there, and about the same, in every bow made.
Jeesh ron w, if word of this gets out the cult like fanboys will have a heart attack!!!:wink::darkbeer:

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Are they the easiest to tune????? IMHO no different than tuning any other bow out there. Most of the time tuning problems happen from over thinking things.
I disagree with a lot of what you say because it seems you are often trying to stir the pot but a truer statement can not be made! Kudos! :teeth:

·
Registered
532 Posts
OK Bows are a lot easier to tune then any other bow I have ever played with. However Ron W brings up a great point, in that you can get any bow to shoot straight.

·
Registered
8,837 Posts
OK's are "easier tuning", because of their shoot through design.....if they have the shoot through rig. beyond that, they tune the same as ay other bow. it is the rig that makes them tune easier, they are not inherently "more tunable" than any other bow made, just because the risers are shoot through.

·
Registered
17,143 Posts
No yokes just mean you use shims...so no difference there.

More tuning options will mean more opportunity for screwing up if you don't know what you're doing

·
One Shot
9,198 Posts
Yes, they really are, outside of true shoot through apparently. Never messed with a true shoot through, but shimming cams is not as easy as twisting a yoke.
That said, bowtech isn't getting any of my money, their qc over the years has been anywhere from horrendous to dangerous.

·
Socket Man
24,235 Posts
I am a bowtech shooter but I don't think the arrow flight I get from my bowtech is better than the arrow flight from other brands, good arrow flight is what it is and can be found with about any of the bows on the market right now.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I understand that good arrow flight and shooting can be had with any bow. I guess a better question would be how would you benefit from a yoke on each axle as opposed to say a can and a half system or slave driven binary?

Assuming we all know that any biw can be properly tuned.

·
Registered
901 Posts
No yokes just mean you use shims...so no difference there.

More tuning options will mean more opportunity for screwing up if you don't know what you're doing
it's easier for me to add/subtract twist to yokes then cam shimming . to easy to loose those little buggers{shims] when removing the axle

·
Registered
14,587 Posts
You have more fine tune ability with a dual cam system with split yokes top and bottom. Does not mean it necessarily tunes any easier but you have the ability to do more fine tuning as far as cam lean, draw length, center shot, and nock travel/cam timing.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I can't comment on one bow being better or easier to tune than another, but I decided like many others to start doing it myself 2 years ago. I bought an APA king cobra second hand partly because of the cam lock system. It gives you the ability to do all tuning without a press. It is really easy and I have learned a great deal from it. I love the bow and don't see myself getting anything else for a long time.

·
Registered
9,994 Posts
The bowtech OD cams are great for tuning. Two symmetrical cams are hard to beat for good nock travel. Having a split harness top and bottom make for easy and precise tuning. The flexing cable guard does a good job of relieving some of the side pressure to help with horizontal nock travel. Todays short bows with big cams can be harder to get tuned the way I like them to tune. Little things that didn't effect longer slower bows can start to show up with some of todays pocket rockets. I do like the way some manufacturers are addressing some of the more common issues and making bows easier to tune.

·
Registered
5,044 Posts
I would say the Martin X-System is the easiest to tune because you don't need a press to change cable length and there is no cam lean at all. It can't get any simpler than that!
http://www.martinarchery.com/bows/condor-ve/

1 - 20 of 30 Posts