Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back from a ram hunt at Shiloh Ranch in Oklahoma. I know, it's July and hot. Very true, but I had the place to myself. Matt had a full blood mouflon that he told me about and said I should get there soon and try for it with my bow. No problem, I'm there.
Matt and I came up with a plan and the next morning, it worked perfectly and the ram presented me with a 17 yard broadside shot.
Thanks Matt, I had a great time and the new house where I stayed was incredible. Central air, real beds and mattresses, 2 full bathrooms with showers and in-door plumbing. I'm calling it Shiloh Suites, because it's a sweet setup.
I attached a picture of me with the mouflon ram.

Attachments

·
JB WELD PRO STAFFER
13,072 Posts
Nice shot:darkbeer:

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Congrats on the harvest....Sounds like an upgrade on the facilities since the boys went on their AT hog hunt....

·
Registered
158 Posts
Congratulations again on an awesome trophy Mike! The mouflon is one of the truly wild sheep of the world and while alot of places advertise mouflon, very rarely are they true mouflon sheep. One look at the horn configuration, small body size and very short tail tells that this ram is a pure mouflon. Mike didn't mention that this ram had 10" bases and made the Record of Exotics as well. Good shot Mike!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks guys!
As usual, I got lucky and the ram didn't. I'll have a shoulder mount done of this ram.
Yes, the exotics are a great way to hunt during the "off" season.
I've got to hand it to Matt, he's the one that suggested I come down and hunt that ram. What a great time. Sounds like it really started raining shortly after I left as well.
Yes, this mouflon will make ROE, but more importantly, it was a great hunt because I got to share it with a buddy. Matt actually got to watch me make the shot on the ram. Wish I could find that arrow. It whistled through the ram. Matt was far away but saw a red spot develop on the offside of the ram as he ran. Less than 10 seconds and he was down and I was shaking like a leaf!

·
Registered
276 Posts
what was the horn length? (from base to tip)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts