Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had these out for 2 months and neither one made it past 1 month, 1 only made it 15 days. I saw alot of you have done this with success. Anything i missed.

I bought a ups 12v 7ah battery, bought connections at radio shack. Everything works, just drains battery quick.

I tried it here at home, with 6 pics taken, battery dropped from 13.51 to 13.04 v.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i do not, will that make that big of a difference on this? with this setup, i would have expected alot longer time than this with just the battery.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it was not, i covered it with leaves to hide it and it was in a battery box. out of the path of direct sunlight.

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
You need a solar panel to get optimum life out of the battery--although it is another thing to be seen and stolen if your place is susceptible to theft. Harbor Freight has their 12v panel on sale now--I think it is $12.99.

·
Catty Shack
12,343 Posts
The battery seems bad to me. I had two Werker 6 volt 14 aHr batteries that I used to run a battery sucking Bushnell and I would swap them out every month or so in the dead of winter and they were still good when I did. A 7 aHr battery ought to run several months in the summer.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts