Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Broke and Happy
5,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone give me some more info on these cameras. I am getting ready to buy 2 of them off the...one of each or two of the same, but without anyone having any feedback it is making it tough. Anyone got a chance to mess with these? Also...What makes the I35 more than the D55?

·
Banned
18,640 Posts
The D series is regular flash and the " I " series is infrared ..... not sure if they both use D batteries ...... if one has a built in viewer, that will add to the cost .....

·
Super Moderator
22,689 Posts
The price of the 2 cameras are relatively the same. I'd definitely go with the i35 over the D55. Even though the D55 takes 5 megapixel images during the day, the i35 will take better overall photos. Not to mention the battery life will last you a lot longer.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
I would go with the I35.

Trigger speed will be the same and thats is what is important. My thoughts on cameras are the pics wont be for a magazine cover so I'll sacrafice quality for no flash.

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
there's also a D-55 IR 5.0-megapixel

·
Broke and Happy
5,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I ordered one of each. They are both IR. The only difference that I can imagine is that maybe the I35 can take the modem to send the pics to your email where as the D55IR cannot...

The I35 is on its way, the D55IR is a few days out. I will give a full review once they get here.

$119 for the D55IR, $149 for the I35......looks like their prices are starting to go down.

·
Broke and Happy
5,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
TTT

Any dealers messed with these yet?

·
Broke and Happy
5,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ttt

·
Registered
511 Posts
Bumping this one to see if anyone has put them to good use yet? Anxious to see what teh real world thinks of these cams. I really like the D55ir

·
Broke and Happy
5,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Update!

Well guys, I must say that I am very very dissapointed in the I35. Day time picture quality and trigger speeds is very good, however the night pictures are so bad that I am sending the camera back and going to try something else. I will try to put up some pics tonight, but you can check out the ChasingGame report and see for your self (I put pics on there if you can located them in the Moultrie section). The IR pics are very very blury/fuzzy. You cannot see anything outside of 10ft. I have one D55IR in the woods that I was going check tonight, I still have 2 others still in the box they came in that I might just send back w/o opening.

Cannot believe Moultrie would release an item that is this bad...

·
Always Scouting
3,418 Posts
Well guys, I must say that I am very very dissapointed in the I35. Day time picture quality and trigger speeds is very good, however the night pictures are so bad that I am sending the camera back and going to try something else. I will try to put up some pics tonight, but you can check out the ChasingGame report and see for your self (I put pics on there if you can located them in the Moultrie section). The IR pics are very very blury/fuzzy. You cannot see anything outside of 10ft. I have one D55IR in the woods that I was going check tonight, I still have 2 others still in the box they came in that I might just send back w/o opening.

Cannot believe Moultrie would release an item that is this bad...
Sounds like you are not alone. I just read the I35 report on Chasingame.com and it sounds like the cam is worthless IMO. There are better cheaper cams out there that will do a better job for the same or less money. Thanks for the review.

Matt

·
Registered
82 Posts
If anyone's interested OutdoorsmanReview is giving away a D-55IR for our December 2010 giveaway. Feel free to enter. Details here: Win a Moultrie D-55IR game camera

Good luck to all that enter and let us know if you entered by telling us in this thread.

·
74,535 Posts
Had good luck with my I40 infrared. Had three of them for third year now.
DB

·
Registered
154 Posts
The D series are some of the most reliable trail cameras to have been built.
Decent Price, and prob the best bang for your buck.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts