Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking for a mid-low price range trail camera and picked out the D55. Bass Pro had them on sale for $99 so I thought I really couldn't go wrong. Well it's been out for 3 weeks now and here are some of my thoughts. Very easy to set up and operate. Daytime pictures are great, regardless of the time of the day, no whiteouts. Nightime pictures are a little blurry, but will do. When the animal is moving at night, they get pretty blurry. I probably need to point the camera up a bit more as the IR flash seem to be hitting the ground pretty close to the camera. As far as trigger speed and sensitivity, well I have had a very small handful of pictures with nothing in them and very few pics of butts or parts of animals. Battery life seems great, the camera has taken 1400+ pics and still has 83% battery life with Rayovac batteries. I have attached a few pictures. The camera is set at 10 yards from the closest leg of the feeder. The fence (interior, not a boundary fence) is probably 15 yards from the feeder. I am yet to use the video function and probably never will. Unless something drastic happens, I am very pleased with the camera and I don't think you can go wrong with it for $100.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry, I said the fence was 15 yards from the feeder, it's actually 15 from the camera. I had a few pics of a deer on the other side of the fence that the camera picked up. The nightime pictures are a little better when you open them up from the computer, these look a little darker than the originals.

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
I got 3 of them getting good results too...... good buy for $99!!!

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wanted to update on battery life for those interested. It has 67% battery life remaining, been out since the 4th of July. I'm not sure how many pictures it has taken, but it's in the 2500-3000 picture range. Still getting very few false triggers, usually 10 or less out of 300 or so on a weekly check

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.