Archery Talk Forum banner

Moultrie feeders digital instructions?

880 views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  NJarcher 
#1 ·
Theese are the most vauge instructions I have ever read.
What is the deal with camera ID and can you set it to take video and pics together?

#2 ·
What instructions? Basically a diagram showing you the parts. I just have mine set 1 minute/2 shots/and the better quality pic setting. I didnt have a chance to play with it, I opened the box put a battery and memory card in hung it up and its been in another state since last friday. Good luck with the options, for I'm sure someone with the knowledge will chime in any minute.

#5 ·
Moultree Digital Cam

No. Not just any card will do. It has to be a SD memory card. You can get one from Wal-Mart as cheap as $20. I recommend buying 2 of them, so when you go to retrieve one card you can leave the other one. Minimizes your intrusion into the woods.

Greg

#6 ·
Once you play with it a little it is pretty easy to use. Just scroll through the options and is relatively easy to set up. I bought two 128mb sd cards from wal mart ($20 each). Each card will store like 300 stills with the camera set at high resolution setting. I had my cam out last week over a feeder and it took 104 images in 4 days before the battery ran out. Pretty decent cam,my only complaint is it is kind of hard to trigger.

#8 ·
I guess it died so quick because it took so many pics in such a short period of time. I had it set on 1 min delay with one shot per event. I think over a feeder you need to set it with a much longer delay or you get like 20 pics of the same deer; and a dead battery!

#10 ·
Wow, thought I was the only one who had probs with the "instructions". Don't get me wrong, I figured it out, but you think they would have printed in a little more detail what the functions do, etc. As far as the camera ID goes, I put mine at "01". Meaning that's the ONLY camera I have out. Besides crappy instructions, the thing takes pretty good pics. Not that I've had any taken of deer, *****, birds, rats, or thieves, but only of myself walking in front of the thing checking for deer tracks. Oh well, hopefully by the end of the week, something will trigger it....even if it's only a limb swaying in the wind.

#12 ·
I've got a couple and think they are GREAT for the price. :smile:

What card? - Clearly labeled as SD right on the box.
Video/pics? - Again on the box and instructions.
Camera id? - set it to what ever you want 1-99
Battery life? - feel the battery, generally the heavy bat. is better
(some are better) also dependant on pics and pics
with flash. Rechargable is the way to go.

Shoe strings? - Yep, can't think of a more riduculous system than what
is provided. Probably won't steal your shoes but the
dastards will lift these. Lost my first within days. :angry:

Here's one:

#13 ·
The picture above with the buck looking into the camera and its almost "white" out......is that due to being so close to the camera? My one and only picture that I have off of my camera the first night it was in the woods was of me and all you could see was my out line and it was bright and white like the buck but worse.

My camera has been left out since that day..2 weeks ago this friday, I get to go to La tomorrow and check it, hopefully there will be some pics on it and I'm praying that they are not like the first one that I got.

What I'm talking about is below:

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y57/Tufelhundin/Aug12001.jpg

Thanks for any help in advance........

#14 ·
Yes, the other pics I have are not like that. Only when they get too close to the camera do they come out like that.
Have a good one,
Pete

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.