Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just looking for ideas of securing it to a tree. The rubber bands that came with it are CHEAP!!!!!
Trying to think of something better.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
brino said:
Just looking for ideas of securing it to a tree. The rubber bands that came with it are CHEAP!!!!!
Trying to think of something better.

Ive been checking on the same problem with no luck either :( :( :(

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
I have one on oreder. I saw where someone here used rubber tie downs with metal hooks. I will either ry that or a small ratchet strap and a cable lock to prevent theft by honest people. Post up if you fins something better.. Steve

·
Registered
754 Posts
I dont know what the generic name of the straps are called but down south we call them cotton tarp staps. Basically black solid rubber straps with a hook on each end. I just got a moultree 2 weeks ago Friday and I used the straps to put it on the tree, wont be able to check the camera till this friday, so for that matter I dont even know if its still there, lol.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ttt

·
Registered
561 Posts
Great price and great results with this cam.
The mounting/security is virtualy none existent.

I use black rubber bungees to fasten to the tree and then wrap a cable around the tree and lock at the camera latch. Not foolproof by any means, but I think it will at least keep the honest people from being tempted. Got my first one ripped off in days because I just had to get it out there before I got the cable lock. Good luck and have fun

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ttt

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ttt

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
I just bought one and am not real happy with the trigger sensitivity. Practically had to jump up and down 10 ft in front of it for it to take a pic. Tried it in temps from 70-90degrees. Put it out over 150# of corn so if the corn's gone and there aint many pics, it's going back.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Ok this is what I did. I took two gun locks the kind they give away with the long cable. Then I took a master cable with loops on each end run it around the tree, then take one gun lock run it threw one of the holes on the camera housing then secure to one side of the cable. Repeat for the other side. Ill post pics of it Saturday.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Just leave it on the tree, the tree will eventually grow around it, like my dad did with all the deer stands while I was in Italy for the past 3 yrs. It took me 2 1/2 hrs to get a lock-on out of a tree this summer. :confused:

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have had great results with my Moultrie. 13 pictures the first check, all deer on a new feeder. Then let it go one week and got 51 pictures mostly deer, decent pictures, just purchased another one!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Oh yeah, for security I placed two 3/16 stainless d-links and over torqued them down really tight, then ran a python cable lock thru the link. It will slow down a thief anyway.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts