Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have an old moultrie that died this year. Will power up and status light is green, but it will not take pictures. Is this something I can fix? Or should I trash it? Model # mfh-dgw-4.0? Thanks

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Did you try reformatting the memory card? Or even another memory card?

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Sounds like it may be time for a new one. I've had trouble a couple of times, but it was a formatting issue. You've already covered that, so I'm not sure what else it could be. Is the lens in front of motion sensor clean?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Unfortunately yes. I fear you are probably right. I did hear something bouncing around inside of it. Upon opening it to inspect the board, turns out it was just some hotglue that had broke away from the side. The electronic board is intact and connections all seem good as well.

·
Registered
5,731 Posts
Might contact Moultrie and see if there is a "hard reset" to try before tossing it. It cannot hurt...

I just started using Moultrie this year and so far only 1 issue and Amazon accept it back and sent one out before I requested one and they provided a call tag so no out of pocket costs. I have 2 a M-990i that was replaced and a M-880. Just set them out for the winter....

Good Luck,
LFM

·
Registered
336 Posts
If you know someone that is good with electronics see if they can look at the board. Could be something just needs to be resoldered back on. I know a lot of electronic techs and this often happens with electronics that get jarred often.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts